Page 5 of 67 FirstFirst ... 34567919 ... LastLast

Thread: Bloodborne (PS4)

All of those changes from the Souls games align with my interests, except the lack of a PC version.

2. So..if tools/guns = magic
    then maybe it's less a spec option and more a reward for being human/a penalty for being a beast. That'd be neat.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/...ils/#sf3256110

In Bloodborne, the combat is based on intense life-threatening battles. One of the ways we are bringing that sense of danger to life is by keeping the deep strategic elements from Demon’s Souls, while also transitioning from the passive and block-and-attack style of Demon’s Souls to a quicker, more offensive and active combat style with close-range weapons and guns.
    Yup, they're going the increased offense route.

...if there's no magic, there need not be a caster spec. I suppose offense/defense/mobility playstyle could be more easily handled with gear alone with no need for stats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJtzLXg9AB0
    Demo is 30 mins long
    Bloodborne is more aggressive than Demon's Souls
    The city is called 'Biarnhem' ?
    City is very densely layered. 'More complex than Thief'
    Combat is much more aggressive
    They dual wielded in the demo: Firearm and what they call a 'Sawcleaver' one in each hand.
    Firearms are a close-range weapon, to stun enemies, create counter-attack opportunities.
    Sawcleaver was transformable, and many weapons will be.
    'You cannot play this the same way as Demon's Souls' - Have to be more aggressive
    Targetting the same level of difficulty as Demon's Souls.
    From neogaf.

So guns create opportunities and many weapons are transformable. Imagine beasts might not be able to transform weapons?

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/bloodb...view-3665.html
    Players may have a gun to use, a blunderbuss of sorts, but ammo is scarce and it's not as effective as it first appears.

It's a point that was hammered home in a boss battle against a large, bipedal demon which favoured leaping attacks and looked like a werewolf having a bad hair day. The gun did nothing, and it fell to the Soul Cleaver to take on the grunt work. A weapon that can transform from its original form into a longer, more sword-like instrument, it enables the player to make a choice between fast and weak strikes and slow and powerful ones.
    Last edited by alan_fatima; 10 Jun 2014 at 06:12 PM.

3. Sony did a thing where they showed like five seconds of gameplay. Here it is courtesy of a gaffer.

4. A game that's kinda like Demon's Souls but where you can't block sounds pretty great to me.

5. Quote Originally Posted by alan_fatima View Post
    Sony did a thing where they showed like five seconds of gameplay. Here it is courtesy of a gaffer.
    So Kain from FF4 bought a trenchcoat, decided to kill a zombie and then take his frustrations on a fence pole?
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

6. This sounds like everything I'd want from a DS game. As much as I wanted to I just couldn't get into them. Love the lore and idea, but just wish it was a tad easier on you. I don't have that kind of time anymore.
    Boo, Hiss.

7. Quote Originally Posted by alan_fatima View Post

Sony did a thing where they showed like five seconds of gameplay. Here it is courtesy of a gaffer.
    That looks awesome visually.

8. Yep, def the game I'll be buying a PS4 for.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

9. A new gen game that actually looks like one! I'm excited!

10. I wouldn't trust From's E3 footage:
    Click for full size

But I still do! I want a PS4 for this!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Surrounded.jpg 
Views:	760 
Size:	410.3 KB 
ID:	74429