Page 1 of 67 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Bloodborne (PS4)

Bloodborne (PS4)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaming Everything
    While “leaks” from 4chan are generally frowned upon, a new one stemming from the community appears to have outed a new title from Japan. Sony, in conjunction with Dark Souls developer From Software, seems to be working on something called “Project Beast”.

Project Beast is said to be a new title for the PlayStation 4. 4chan has images from what appears to be a trailer showcasing the game (see the gallery below).

Take this update with a gran of salt, though it certainly looks legitimate. It wouldn’t be all too surprising if Project Beast were to pop up at E3 next month.
    Link

I guess we'll know for sure soon enough if this is why Miyazaki was too busy for Dark Souls II. This is exactly what I was asking for in the PS4 thread.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	from-1.jpg 
Views:	384 
Size:	53.7 KB 
ID:	74091   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	from-2.jpg 
Views:	414 
Size:	78.1 KB 
ID:	74092   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	from-3.png 
Views:	414 
Size:	615.7 KB 
ID:	74093   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	from-4.jpg 
Views:	385 
Size:	66.3 KB 
ID:	74094  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	from-5.png 
Views:	379 
Size:	874.9 KB 
ID:	74095   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	from-6.png 
Views:	361 
Size:	240.1 KB 
ID:	74096  
    Last edited by Yoshi; 09 Jun 2014 at 09:33 PM.

2. Looks cool, kind of has a Chakan/Oddworld:Stranger vibe to the main character.

It's been funny seeing NeoGAF's heads explode over it though.

3. Looks like a new Souls game but a little different.

I approve.

4. I'm far from sick of these games, bring it on.

5. So neogaf was saying this had shotguns?

I wonder if this will be all out 100 percent balanced for solo with no multiplayer. I suppose that would be an easy way of differentiating the two.

6. Quote Originally Posted by FirstBlood View Post
    Looks like a new Souls game but a little different.

I approve.
    Pretty much what I was thinking.

Goddamned Sony finding ways for me to need their systems.

Quote Originally Posted by alan_fatima View Post
    I wonder if this will be all out 100 percent balanced for solo with no multiplayer.
    That would be fantastic.

8. No it wouldn't. The souls multiplayer component is one of the most fantastic, solo-focused implementations of multiplayer in existence.

9. Quote Originally Posted by FirstBlood View Post
    No it wouldn't. The souls multiplayer component is one of the most fantastic, solo-focused implementations of multiplayer in existence.
    Agreed. To remove it (and by "it" I mostly mean the PvP aspects) would greatly weaken the experience. The Souls games are already perfectly balanced for solo play; if you're heavily reliant on other players to get through tough spots, it means you have some improving to do.

10. It's perfectly balanced for solo within the scope of Dark Souls...which includes PvP. If they want to ramp up the player's offensive capabilities, like with shotguns that aren't gimp, they can ramp up the challenge to compensate - resulting in a more visceral and/or horror game-esque resource management type experience without having to worry that it breaks PvP (by, say, having to drastically increase player mobility so they can avoid a shotgun blast that doesn't hit like a wet noodle/doesn't stagger/has a lengthy telegraph/etc.)