Page 57 of 67 FirstFirst ... 4353555657585961 ... LastLast

Thread: Bloodborne (PS4)

1. Yeah, just wait till you get to the end boss of the dlc
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

So i finally got around to playing this, and i feel like I'm missing something. I keep getting lost and can't find another checkpoint after the first. I feel like I fought through a shitload of people, then get lost and die and start again from the only checkpoint I found.

3. The first area doesn’t have checkpoints. It circles around a lot and you can open doors to get shortcuts through that space, but you aren’t getting another lamp until you beat a boss.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

4. It's like Dark Souls, use your detective skills from that series to sniff out important shortcuts to unlock.

I recently started playing BB again, since I only made it halfway through last time. I love the game, but the blood vial system, and the backstab system in this game in particular are super retarded. Estus solved farming, and then they broke it just for fun.

5. You can't expect to play it like Dark Souls. If you play it like DS you will die. Learn to parry/visceral and play aggressive. Get those rally attacks in. Luckily it's easy to farm blood vials in the first area, so you should be good.

I'm currently trying for the platinum on this game. Some of the chalice bosses are just ridiculous.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

I never played Dark Souls.

I killed the 2 bosses in the area and am now in Old Yarnham with this machine gun ASSHOLE.

The very beginning is fucking awful when you have no insight and just 1 checkpoint and can't level up. I had found 2 Madman's Intuition or whatever but had no idea what they were for.

Once you can actually level up it's fine.

I really don't like the way big enemies attack. It's very similar to Monster Hunter except they cheat like crazy. Your attacks have momentum and lock you down, but even their big downswings keep adjusting and homing in on you right until they hit.

I picked the huge razor blade as my weapon. Is there ever a reason to open it instead of just using it as is?

It's ok so far. I'm not really loving it. I'll keep going, but this machine gun dude is really testing my patience.

7. Just run down the stairs over to the right once the gun asshole shows up. Then just run and hug the left wall for a long time, through multiple rooms and across an open area below.

Eventually (quickly if you run and ignore everyone) you'll end up at a ladder to climb. He's up there. Best of luck

I guess I missed the machine gun guy completely and opened a really fast shortcut to another wolf boss, Blood something, that poisons like crazy.

I feel like the bosses are Transformers levels of overdesigned making it hard for me to read their tells. Rolling past them usually works no matter what.

Can you parry bosses? Maybe only some attacks? I haven't been able to yet.

9. You can parry the bosses, which is crazy looking usually.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

10. Try using the Hunter's axe. It has the best rally attacks (it gains back the most health after getting hit).

Like Monster Hunter, you can take advantage of i-frames when you evade.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood