Page 61 of 67 FirstFirst ... 4757596061626365 ... LastLast

Thread: Bloodborne (PS4)

1. Pizza Cutter is the better choice every time
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

I've now watched some no damage runs and:

1) It's pretty dumb that you can run past almost everything in the game and be safe.

2) Nobody doing these is beating these bosses by fighting them like, say, a Punch Out boss. It's more like memorizing their pattern and counter punching them to a TKO in seconds flat. They're all using damage modifiers to reach stagger limits that are basically stunlocking these bosses. It's neat to see, but not how I would play.

3) Locking on to bosses seems to be generally a bad idea.

Also, I'm dumb and I never use items and they seem to be really useful.

3. Lock on is generally a bad idea in all souls games.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

4. Yes you can run past in most souls games.

Yes lock on sucks with giant enemies.

Yes no-hit video sucks because it’s all cheesing. Overleveling and using beast pellets. There are some videos out there that you’d like, but they are rare. I think lobosjr did a run with just fists, that might have something.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

5. Locking on is very bad for Amgydala, The One Reborn, and basically any giant multi-stage boss. It's good for parryable bosses, though.

Protip: When you lock on, it changes your dodge from a roll to a backstep. Sometimes one works better than the other.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

6. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    I can see all these Cthulu motherfuckers on the buildings now.

Killed Rom the Vacuous Spider and the Darkbeast Praal or whatever. I'm having fun with it but it definitely feels janky and I don't think the bosses are terribly fun. I never feel great about beating them because I still get hit a bunch no matter what I do. I watched a couple of videos and people are getting smacked around all the time so I guess that's how it is.

Should I be doing chalice dungeons? Which ones do I summon? I did one at the first gravestone and beat a fire dog boss and it looks like that was the end of it, but there was no indication.
    The chalices are completely optional.

They contain lore for the main game, plus you can gain a ton of experience, materials, and rare weapons. Some of the best boss fights are in the chalice dungeons as well.

If you're interested in them, ignore the Hintertomb entirely and start with the Pthumeru chalices. Finish one, and you'll find the next Pthumeru chalice at the bottom. Eventually you'll find something called the "Defiled Chalice". You'll need materials from the Ailing Loran chalice dungeon to open that. So do those next once you find it.

As you go you'll find "root chalice" versions of the above, which open randomized dungeons with random rewards. You can then add rituals to make them harder and give increased rewards and add PvP and shit.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

7. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    I never played Dark Souls.
    I don't even know what to do with you anymore! If you have a working Xbox 360 I'll mail you my copy so you can play the original.
    Cheese and Rice, man.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyMedia View Post
    its very good manage.
    Best advice anyone could give about any Soulsborne game.

Quote Originally Posted by FirstBlood View Post
    Cheesing these games when given the opportunity is working as intended as far as i'm concerned. Always so satisfying.
    Second best advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Space Pirate Roberts View Post
    Unless of course you want the Beast Claws, since you can only get them in the stupid chalice dungeons.
    You want the beast claws for the achievement and to try them, but you don't want them that bad.

Haha, I have Dark Sould already, thank you! Just never got around to it.

Killed Amygdala and am fighting Mergo's Wet Nurse if anyone is wondering where I am. I guess being able to run past mobs keeps you from wanting to die after clearing out the same group over and over again to try a boss. Especially since literally anything could kill you if you're sloppy for even a second.

I made it to near the end of Mergo's WN and the illusion clones in the purple fog or whatever were wildin' out. I was being dumb trying to hit it, I think I have to just chain roll for 30 secs or however long.

Who is the fucker that pushed me off a ledge that was full of shiny coins? I swear I have no idea what is happening in this game.

9. Sounds like the Patches of BB.

Full disclosure: I haven't yet finished Bloodborne. I started over recently, maybe I'll finish it before Sekiro comes out.

10. PATCHES!