Page 54 of 67 FirstFirst ... 4050525354555658 ... LastLast

Thread: Bloodborne (PS4)

so i think i missed some stuff. im only lvl 65. killed rom. now its the blodo moon phase, and im in yarhagoul. or whatever. and shit is wrecking me. did i miss something? i killed the mad crow of cainhurst. other than that i cant think of anywhere i havnt ventured.

2. IIRC you can go to the nightmare frontier at that point (acquire tonsil stone then let the invisible Cthulhu knockoff in the church you go through to get to the hidden city pick you up), but it's not really any easier. The difficulty curve just spikes up at and after Rom. Have you touched the chalice dungeons at all? I think the designers intended that whenever the main campaign world got too hard, the player would use the chalice dungeons for training (and vice-versa). Besides which there are some pretty awesome enemies and bosses down there that never show up in the main game. Including this thing called Watchdog of the Old Lords (iirc) which is very clearly Guts' inner demon from Berserk, but on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

ill check it out. god damn it was like 15 tries on Mad Crow. but ill def go do some chalice dungeon to train up. thats the only thing i havnt really found, was a good echo farming spot.

4. Wait, I just realized, have you actually been *TO* Cainhurst yet? I first thought you were talking about the boss there, but that's not the Crow you mentioned. You definitely want to go there if you haven't. The route starts in the forbidden forest, and it's pretty easy to miss is you aren't thorough in your exploration. Hook a left off the main path up from the village to the gatehouse, through the area with the dog cages, and you'll end up in a cave full of poison water and giants. In the back of the cave is a very tall ladder that leads up out of the cave into the courtyard behind that locked gate from the very beginning of the game. This allows you to climb up the back way into Iosefka's clinic, where you will find a letter of invitation to Castle Cainhurst. Carry the letter to Hemwick Charnel Lane and a carriage will pick you up in front of the path up to the Witch's house and take you to the castle.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

Ooh. Is that were the vilebloods are? I really want chikage even though i have fuck all in bloodtinge. Ty.ill gothere when i get home

6. Hey!

I finally got the Old Hunters expansion after playing the game through last year. Played another NG+ through just for laughs and damn this game is great is almost every way. Even with all the other weapons available I keep going back to the threaded cane. Maybe its just that I know the attacks, but I can't seem to hold my own with anything else except the burial blade but that's because it's dominant

It's so interesting that different people have problems with different bosses. Stupid Paarl made me quit the game for a week the first time through and other people *COUGH nagis *COUGH* take one try? Garbage.

Def grab more END since you should be jamming the O button all day. When you get to the top of Cainhurt you'll need it for the fun times you'll have.

Also, the nightmare frontier was THE HARDEST PART of the game my first time through. There were so many thing happening and it was all confusing and scary and I died. A lot.

Make sure you get Old Hunters - the final boss is worth all the pennies. LtFV isn't half bad either

MAN Cainhurst is a BITCH!!! kept getting bodied by those bloated fucks outside. than iget inside. okay this isn't so bad....FUCKING CLEANING BITCHES!!! got stabbed to death by one of them out of the know where. not to mention the stupid blow darts. STR i at 43 so im going to start pumping into End and Vit a little more. maybe my second playthrough ill do bloodtinge for that sweet Chikage/Logarius wheel love.

8. Bloodtinge isn't worth it.

Arcane is though
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

fucking hell. cainhurst wasn't that bad. only thing was the blood fuckers in the front. whom im now farming to get a few levels. and that ASSHOLE Logarius. fuck him. fuck his exploding skulls. fuck his flying swords. fuck that jumping attack. 9 tries. had to farm for blood viles twice. fun though.

10. Logarius really puts the pressure on you. You only have a narrow window to dash in, hit twice, then dodge left before he casts the exploding skull. His second phase will also rush you down and until you learn the tells he will make it rough for you.

These kind of high pressure battles can be really frustrating to start with, but if you can stick through it it feels so satisfying. Ludwig in the DLC is a lot of fun when he's not one-shotting you.