Page 53 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3949515253545557 ... LastLast

Thread: Bloodborne (PS4)

ty bob. i havn't pumped anything into arcane or bloodtinge. igot vit and str up to 30 right now, with skill being 16 and end being 11. was going to get end up a bit.im def str build though. i love the hunters axe and the holy lade is nice.

2. Pump end, you should get it up to at least 25-30 for massive quality of life improvements
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

3. I never level end but I also don't use heavy weapons that would make use of it. I find I never have the time to use it all in one combo before an enemy dies or retaliates. I guess it does raise some resistances.

Any stat is good, though, because it'll raise your defense. Vit is my most important. Weapons get more of a boost from leveling with blood stones and gems. Anyway, level vit and the stat your weapon scales with, probably strength.

For Paarl, he hits really hard on low level. But if you've upgraded your weapon enough, you will stagger him by focusing on one of his limbs. Once he's staggered, you can go to the next limb and just rinse and repeat. If you have the DLC it's not hard to get your weapon to +7 at this point in the game, +6 otherwise.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

4. If you have or are planning to get the DLC (which you absolutely should, it's great), you want to go Str/Arc, because that's the combo The Best Weapon, No It's Not Up For Debate runs on.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

5. Yeah, that's my only beef with this game. The variety of weapons and control of character growth it hands you seems to encourage spreading those points around and trying a little of everything, but you'll be crushed if you don't instead specialize.

Plenty of weapons scale to both skill and strength, so don't sweat those too much (though, again, it would be to your benefit to focus on one). Arcane really only repays super specialized Arcane builds; you can compensate for an Arcane deficiency with papers and the Empty Shell so long as you have just enough Arcane to use it.

Blood tinge only ever affects guns and, iirc, one weird sword. The real utility of guns is not in their damage but in their capacity to push enemies backward and parry attacks. Because blood tinge has no bearing on either, you can safely just skip it imo. You'll miss out on a little cheap damage and a few fun DLC guns, but those points are better served literally anywhere else.

Now I really want to play 'borne.

Edit: I thought I was on the last page of the thread. I now see there's stuff saying what I said but better O WEL

6. I think it's kind of a strength. I played through at level 4 and all the main bosses can be tackled pretty fairly. You have to be careful, but you can take a hit and recover. Weapons hit hard enough without need of any leveling. And all stats increase your defense, so even "wasted" levels will make it easier on you.

7. I really need to finish this game. IIRC, I'm in that PvP-heavy area right after Paarl. I'm kinda in a bad state. I'm really low on bullets and other consumables.

I use mostly a Skill build, the cane that turns into a whip and the sword that converts into a greatsword.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

Quote Originally Posted by Dunlap View Post
    I never level end but I also don't use heavy weapons that would make use of it. I find I never have the time to use it all in one combo before an enemy dies or retaliates. I guess it does raise some resistances.

Any stat is good, though, because it'll raise your defense. Vit is my most important. Weapons get more of a boost from leveling with blood stones and gems. Anyway, level vit and the stat your weapon scales with, probably strength.

For Paarl, he hits really hard on low level. But if you've upgraded your weapon enough, you will stagger him by focusing on one of his limbs. Once he's staggered, you can go to the next limb and just rinse and repeat. If you have the DLC it's not hard to get your weapon to +7 at this point in the game, +6 otherwise.
    yeah. vit is key for me. I one shotted paarl. i had henryks set so the bolt attacks weren't taht bad, and i just destroyed him. got close to dying once.

Quote Originally Posted by sleeve View Post
    I really need to finish this game. IIRC, I'm in that PvP-heavy area right after Paarl. I'm kinda in a bad state. I'm really low on bullets and other consumables.

I use mostly a Skill build, the cane that turns into a whip and the sword that converts into a greatsword.
    ive found that area leading to the heritic workshop from the oeden chapal gets you a lot of bullets.

2 shotted shadow of yharnem. only did one try to Rom. got him to half health. died to meteors...ugh.