Page 41 of 67 FirstFirst ... 273739404142434555 ... LastLast

Thread: Bloodborne (PS4)

1. Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple View Post
    Bummer on the respec-ing, I was really hoping they'd include that after how awesome it was in Dark Souls 2. And the last part of what you wrote is the reason I don't want to go that route from the start, seems like it would be needlessly hard. I have 18 Arcane on my STR build which I could bump, but at the cost of things like health which I could have used more of in the first run (I got it to 30 and never pushed past). Ludwig's Blade is what I pumped up to +10 and with 33 STR and 18 ARCane it does crazy damage, especially when I coat it with something, but I'm picturing a character with 40 in both those stats who could just ruin shit.
    Not really because the str would all be wasted. When you put a gem in to do magical damage the weapon only scales with arcane and no longer scales with str or skill at all. So if you go arcane putting anything beyond the requirements in str and skill is wasted
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

2. You shouldn't have access to the frontier yet
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

3. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Not really because the str would all be wasted. When you put a gem in to do magical damage the weapon only scales with arcane and no longer scales with str or skill at all. So if you go arcane putting anything beyond the requirements in str and skill is wasted
    Ludwigs already has great Arcane scaling on it without using a gem to add an element. I ended up not infusing any weapons with elements because my scaling was usually better with STR. At +10 Ludwig has B scaling for STR, SKL and ARC, so I just keep a healthy stock of fire and bolt papers and apply as needed, plus that tool that gives an arcane coating (but it doesnt last as long as the papers). That way none of my scaling is reduced and the damage is multiplied. And the damage output is hefty. I just helped 9 guys in a row beat Mergo and we never even let her use her cloning ability because that thing would stun her every 4th hit, and each fight lasted about a minute.

And there is an enemy you can die to early in the game that will transport you to the area leading to Nightmare Frontier. Happened to me too, I had that area opened while I was still exploring Cathedral Ward, and it's one of the very last I finished.

4. The way Arcane scaling works is odd. Bolt/Fire Paper and the Arcane Tool give a flat buff, they do not scale with Arcane. And while Ludwig has an A in Arcane scaling it only scales with Arcane when you put a magical bloodgem in it. If you don't have one of those gems in it it is only scaling with Str and Skill.

The A scaling is there to tell you if you put a gem in it then it will scale well with arcane, better than any other weapon. But since it doesn't have any built in magic damage it does not scale arcane without the gem. So if you're putting points in Arcane without a blood gem in it for magic then you're wasting stat points, same if you're putting points in STR/SKL with a magic blood gem in the sword.

5. What about weapons that have some Arcane, Fire, or Bolt damage built in without runes?

6. Those do scale with Arcane (blades of mercy/tongitrus/scythe) but only the Arcane damage portion scales with it, not all damage and since the arcane damage they do is usually just a small portion of the damage (or in the case of the blades only a few of it's attacks) it doesn't boost your damage by a lot. With those weapons you still get better damage from their primary stat.

Ludwig and Cane are actually the two best weapons for a pure Arcane build with Ludwig being significantly better.

7. I gotta say, it was really nice for JM to help me with Logarius, and give me a 10 minute rundown of every single move he does. The not so nice part was he decided to pull a Leeroy Jenkins as soon as the fight started, leaving me to deal with him by my lonesome.

Thanks John. You're a good friend. At least you had the decency to suck the saliva out of your braces while giving me the Logarius lesson.
    Last edited by Jed; 16 Apr 2015 at 12:12 PM.

lol

9. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    You shouldn't have access to the frontier yet
    You can get there as soon as you kill Vicar I think, through the tonsil stone