Page 66 of 67 FirstFirst ... 526264656667 LastLast

Thread: Bloodborne (PS4)

1. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    Like 3/4s of the way through the DLC and the Chalice Dungeons. I thought they were all random but the ones you need for progression seem to be set, which is weird because sometimes you have a lantern, a tiny hallway, and another lantern. Ok.

At some point during all this I started to enjoy the game. It's like a Platinum game where you forget all about how shitty your first run through was once you're powerful and good at the game.
    Yep, the achievement chalices are all set. The "root" chalices are randomized.

The lamps are weird because you always get one after a boss. And then there's always one at the start of each chalice and one at the start of each floor. It works out pretty nice though because you can always make it back to a boss fight in a couple of seconds.

If you have the stats (high Skill), try to get the Rakuyo, it's a really fun weapon. Actually getting it is a nightmare, though.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

I'm planning on getting all the weapons for the trophies anyway. Was that the one you get from killing the two shark ogres in the well?

I finished getting all the trophies in the DLC so that shit is finally done. I think Ludwig gave me more trouble than Orphan of Kos.

Now all that's left is the Queen in the chalice dungeons and a new game plus for all the weapons.

Part of me wants to play through it doing the Eileen quest up to the end but most of me wants to just kill her and get her badge for the weapon.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    Part of me wants to play through it doing the Eileen quest up to the end but most of me wants to just kill her and get her badge for the weapon.
    Now you're playing Dark Souls.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    ... most of me wants to just kill her and get her badge for the weapon.
    I would be totally behind this idea IF you had met up with her during the first game cycle, BUT she is one of the best characters and has great interactions (plus at least one outfit you can't get elsewhere?) that are worth experiencing if you've begun to dig the game, SO I cannot advise against this decision strongly enough!

Ugh, but then I'd have to play past Rom and that's forever into the game.

I could just kill her, buy the weapon and finally move on to Monster Boy.

6. You could, but that won't feel good and you KNOW IT.

The Queen is dead, she was pathetic. The defiled chalice was garbage thanks to the half health bullshit.

I'll be glad to have this game behind me after helping John get through the last chalice dungeon.

Fucking murdered Eileen and Alfred first chance I got for their badges. Bought the weapons and dinged the platinum trophy.

Reloaded my save from the cloud before I started new game plus just in case I decide to do a run where I listen to these aholes.

Helping John through the DLC then uninstalling this shit so hard.

9. I understand why some people wouldn't like this game; I'm just saddened to see such a refined game-liker among them.

I don't think it's a bad game. I liked the exploration and the amazing atmosphere. It has great locations and awesome enemy designs, and that tense feeling of being deep into an area with a ton of souls, creeping because a surprise attack could take you out until you find a shortcut back is fantastic.

I think it's just the bosses that weren't fun for me at all. I wasn't looking forward to fighting them and killing them just brought a big sense of relief, not accomplishment. Bad camera, locked on or not, and an overall messy feel for the mechanics made it not fun for me to play.

Maybe I'm just too into monhun to like something similar but way looser. Not sure.