Page 46 of 67 FirstFirst ... 324244454647485060 ... LastLast

Thread: Bloodborne (PS4)

1. Double buzz-saw on a stick, eh? So I guess this is where we get the weapon concepts that were too dumb for the main game.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

2. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    I shouldn't have watched that, because it reminded me how much better Bloodborne is than Dark Souls that I am trying to trudge through. Better theme, better gameplay, better structure.
    It's really not.

3. Yeah, not at all. It's better than Dark Souls 2 sure, but not Dark Souls 1.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

4. I've played the shit out of all of them. Bloodborne is the best of the bunch, hands down.

5. I mean it's fine to think that, but it's certainly not "omg so much better that it makes DS suck" unless you're some kind of baby that can't go back to a more restricted move set.

It's a good thing no one said that then, isn't it?

7. You might as well have.

8. Oh hell yes.

I've kept a level 200+ character profile right at the Gehrman fight, with all warp points open and all equipment acquired, just in anticipation of this. I'm assuming the means to access the DLC will require some sort of in-game progress a la Dark Souls. You guys know I don't like DLC, but I'm frothing for this badly.

Speaking of which, I went back to Dark Souls after multiple Bloodborne playthroughs, and while DS is still a fine game, it's not on Bloodborne's level for me. I think BB made me a better player too, because I flew through DS and the DLC (I was never able to beat Manus solo until this run) without much difficulty. In any case, since its release, I've played Bloodborne more than Demon's/DS/DSII put together. For me, BB is just about perfect, from concept and setting to execution and feel.

I'm so curious to see how Bloodborne influences DS3.

edit: The Old Hunters will be out 11/24 for $20. Miyazaki called it "extensive" and I believe him.
    Last edited by BioMechanic; 15 Sep 2015 at 07:32 PM.

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010

I'd actually like to see the two series diverge a bit, rather than DS3 borrowing too much from Bloodborne.

10. Don't know how I missed this, thanks Bio for the release date. Sick video, the new weapons look fun and over the top, and it looks like they did something different with Amelia so it'll be fun to see what else they change.