Page 43 of 67 FirstFirst ... 293941424344454757 ... LastLast

Thread: Bloodborne (PS4)

1. anyone else buy the big ass hardcover book? Mine came in today

2. Yep, it's awesome
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

It's the #1 seller in Computer Science on Amazon.

4. That's kind of depressing.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    anyone else buy the big ass hardcover book? Mine came in today
    Kinda upset it's taken so long to come out, mine is scheduled for delivery next Tuesday. Been waiting to start NG+ with it.

6. The new update makes the loading screens a little more bearable. They now feature item descriptions ala Dark Souls.

7. Yeah, both are huge improvements.

8. Hey I beat it!

Moon Prescence was rather easy. But I was raging when I tried to heal up with vials in phase three after the aoe 1hp thing. She had two hits of life left and I was just standing there doing the "huh? why can't i use this item right now?" dance.

9. Done, at level 82 and about 60 hours. Not only does it trump Demon's for me, it's right there as one of the best I've ever played.

My guide arrived today. I shudder to think about the amount of content I missed. I already know I missed most of the NPCs and at least three bosses. Not sure how, as I'm pretty careful and methodical, but the complexity and hidden stuff is part of what makes this game great. Oh, I didn't spend much time in the Chalice Dungeons either.

I'm torn between NG+ and starting over with a new character. I'd try saw-blade/pistol + arcane, I think, and let the Insight build up willy-nilly.

The only ways Demon's is superior are its length and character versatility, both of which cater to different (and faster) replay experiences. Bloodborne's setting, combat, and truly bizarre story gives it the edge. I wonder how much more quickly a normal replay will be.

Dark Souls feels quite sluggish after this, and the sequel - which I never liked much anyway - is even worse.

I can only dream about what kind of DLC might be ahead. And I normally steer clear of DLC.

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010

10. I actually felt kinda bad for the poor kid that invaded my game last night. Waiting for JM to jump in and help me take down Mergo's Wet Nurse, I had to step away for a moment. When I came back, JM was in the game trying to hide behind a column, and I see that I had been invaded. As I'm scrambling to get my headset back on, poor kid walks up to my character and does the Respect gesture, while John snuck behind him and stabbed him in the ass. YES.