Page 20 of 67 FirstFirst ... 61618192021222434 ... LastLast

Thread: Bloodborne (PS4)

1. Saw Spear is where it's at.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

That's the one I picked up. I couldn't remember the name.

3. So don't worry if you don't have enough Blood Stone Shards to upgrade your stuff too far, the second level has TONS of them. After an hour in that area both my main weapons are at +3 and now need a new material, no grinding needed. Thinking of upgrading the Saw Spear a little but I wasn't as happy with it's moves as the Saw Cleaver. Also ran into the first round of special things to imbue weapons with, added a damage multiplier and health regen. The second level is TITS. Found a shield, the game even tells you you probably won't use it lol. New armor set too, and while the aesthetic is cool, I agree with cigs that I miss the suits or armor.

He also brought up an interesting point. When you die near enemies, one of them will probably pick up your echos and become a Blue Eyed version of that monster the next time around. Doesn't seem to make them harder, but it's a cool little touch and I like it.

Also nice that there's lore sprinkled around the environment to just find and read, a first for the series.

4. Not sure if it's been mentioned, but you can transform your RH weapon in mid-combo for some new attacks (at least you can with the cane-whip). I discovered this by complete accident.
    It's small thoughtful ideas like this (and the pickup excess going straight to storage) that contribute so much to the experience.

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010

I found the area I had been missing with the couple extra shards needed to get to Threaded Cane +2. I once again think I have fully explored everything up to the second boss. I'll give him another go in the morning.

6. I'm actually moving back towards the threaded cane now that I've gotten it to level 3 and have gotten some levels in skill. The crowd control of the whip form is really good.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

7. I went strength because the goddamn kirkhammer transform attack animation is AMAZING.

8. Made some good progress last night. Opened up the sewer shortcut and got the elevator cranking. Avoided what must be a boss on the bridge near the elevator and leveled up a bit. I saw the sewer piggy down a hallway and was like NOPE.

So far I've only been putting points into skill, since they were pretty generous with the starting stamina this time around.

Is the tiny music box a one time use item? If so, do I use it on the Cleric Beast boss?

9. Cigs where did you find that last item you mentioned, I don't believe I found that!

So Old Yharnam is nuts. The environments are quickly becoming my favorite part of this game. The way that the sound design ties into the levels is also very impressive. The overwhelming dark in some of these areas makes it super intense to traverse and oh so satisfying to complete. There's a couple of really memorable one off fights in this new level, and a really cool section where you're trying to avoid another Hunter who's up on a roof shooting a fucking gatling gun at you! Came across a new weapon called the Rifle Spear, it's nasty and I love it. Also new a new armor set, yet another cape deal like the rest. After that level there were enough Blood Stone Shards to have 3 weapons at +3, as well as a large amount of stat boosters. The boss was awesome, and beating it unlocks the first Chalice Dungeon, going to finally try it out now.

Also after you unlock 10 Insight a new fountain opens up in the Hunter's Dream where you can buy items with Insight. So far there was an armor set and the bells needed to be summoned for co-op and invading. The trickle of new items and abilities seems pretty perfect so far, you're not given too much at once and when you get something new it's usually the perfect time to try it out.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple View Post
    Cigs where did you find that last item you mentioned, I don't believe I found that!
    There's a little girl in a window that you can talk to. She gives it to you and a clue as to where to use it. It's to the left just through the shortcut gate leading to the sewer. On the left after you pass the big fountain with the three crows, and before the staircase leading up to the 3 dogs/gunman/couple other guys.