Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 245678 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunset Overdrive (Xbox One)

1. Mine should arrive tomorrow, I am so psyched.

2. What's the music like?

Channel Ocho: Nice avatar.

3. Garage/punk from what I've heard so far.
    "Fiends! Animals! Bastards!"

4. I'm such a god-damned hipster doofus.

WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Prince Planet View Post
    Garage/punk from what I've heard so far.
    That's a little disappointing (was expecting something like JSR), but I'm sure I'll dig it.

6. Played a few hours of this game tonight, and my impressions are also favorable so far. It reminds me of a mixture of Jet Grind Radio's grinding, Dead Rising 1/2s bizarre character interactions, and Ratchet and Clank's shooting mechanics and wacky weapons. So far, my favorite weapon is the kitty gun. Shooting the kitty and watching robodog go all nuts on the enemies is just pure joy. lol.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Brisco Bold View Post
    That's a little disappointing (was expecting something like JSR), but I'm sure I'll dig it.
    My musical interpretation could be off, but it sounds like garage and punk to my old ears. Regardless, it sure as hell isn't the groovy funk that dominated JSR/JSRF. That said, the music goes very well with the game. The whole game seems put together exceptionally well. Characters, environments, enemies, color palette, weapons, traversal, music, and even the humor (which is generally amusing). Insomniac had their act together on this one.
    "Fiends! Animals! Bastards!"

8. Fuck, this looks pretty cool.

If there's a game that makes me want an Xbox One, this is the first one so far!

9. I went with a superhero.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20141018182346.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	654.8 KB 
ID:	75378
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

10. Finished it. It's solid but nothing mind blowing. 8of10. Basically one huge collectathon. I enjoyed the stupid comedy.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle