Page 11 of 135 FirstFirst ... 79101112131525 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo's Amiibo (Wii U, 3DS)

1. I had the same idea and the same conclusion. Why bother?

2. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee View Post
    Amiibo Loot Crate plans announced.

Lololol that price
    That's one overly-enthusiastic announcer away from being an infomercial. I can't wait for 30 minute late night Nintendo commercials where I can save on the newest Mario Kart by purchasing a bundle that comes with two figures for only four easy payments of $29.99.

3. But that offer will only last for the next 10 minutes. Every night.

4. The offer will also have 10 dollars for shipping with a "free" bonus amiibo. Just pay shipping and handling.

5. I liked this idea better when it was called "E-Reader Cards".

If I could buy a Duck Hunt Dog figure and play Duck Hunt as a result (touchscreen Duck Hunt? ehh just go with it) this would be something interesting. Just random stat boosts are lame as hell.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 15 Nov 2014 at 05:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

I bought an e-reader when it was new and even I'm not buying this shit. I might buy one for decoration if I find one that looks neat, but if they look like that pic of Captain Derpy they cankeep them.

7. I look forward to seeing how they make Robo Suit Samus crosseyed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

8. I've been wondering which is actually worse - figures that give you minor, largely-useless things across multiple titles? Or figures that are a required component of a singular title?

On one hand, stuff like Skylanders feels more cohesive, but it also means more pressure on getting all the figures (or damn well close to it). On the other, these Amiibo toys seem really unimportant to anything...but that could also mean getting just a figure you think is cool, and getting dumb mcguffins for games you have. No extra pressure of 'gotta buy 'em all.'

Like, the Samus figure looks neat. I'm a sucker for Kirby - I might get one or the other. And then I won't feel like I've bought into an ecosystem where buying more of them is vital to getting a full experience out of one game. So there's that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    On one hand, stuff like Skylanders feels more cohesive, but it also means more pressure on getting all the figures (or damn well close to it).
    That's a completely erroneous statement. There is no benefit to having all the Skylanders figures or even close to it except for what amounts to extra lives. If you're smart about which ones you buy, you can see everything in the game with ~1/3 of the figures.

10. There are 292 skylanders. Even if you only need to buy 100 and not 150, the greater point that you need to buy a lot of dumb shit to unlock major game content is a sound one and if you respond with the word goalposts I'm going to fucking lose it