Page 16 of 135 FirstFirst ... 21214151617182030 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo's Amiibo (Wii U, 3DS)

1. Funny thing is, that Yoshi figure is compatible with more games than any other current Amiibo:

Super Smash Bros
    Mario Kart 8
    Hyrule Warriors
    Mario Party 10
    Yoshi's Wooly World

2. Yoshi is one of the best ones. Someone's trying to send a message
    Donk

3. "Most" stores got 2-3 Villagers,Marth and WFT.

Yeah, I don't think every store got every Amiibo yet. I checked out a target today and they had Kirby, Yoshi, Wii Fit Trainer, and Samus. No spots for others, and Samus was the only spot that wasn't full.

5. I spotted Marth/Wii Fit Trainer/Villager among local Targets and Walmarts yesterday.

Glad I picked up the Link amiibo, it's rad. The positioning might not look great in some of the pre-release pictures, but seeing it in person, I like how the character looks to be charging behind his shield. Impressively detailed too.

I'm not sure how many more I'll get, they all (including the upcoming waves) look great imo and yet I'm definitely not willing to spend enough to buy all of them. Those retailer-exclusive amiibos detailed by Yoshi earlier are some of the coolest ones, I think, as are the other amiibos in Wave 3 like Mega Man.

6. They look much better in person than inner net posts would have you believe. The tiny face details look much better when they're not all blown up (surprise).

Donkey Kong is the only one released that i don't think i'll ever get, but then i remember i can name him "Dankey Kang" in Smash and suddenly... i really have no attachment to the Pokeemans in Smash except Pikachu and pichu ,__,

i'm enjoying this Hori-brand pad in Smash way more than i did the actual GC controllers in Smash (i hate those squishy triggers), and it works great for Mario Kart 8 as well:

Click for full size
    Donk

7. also

Those Tom Nook and Pikmin silhouettes are prominent on every display...
    Donk

Luigi controller! It will be mine. Do those just plug into the Wiimote like a classic controller, or are they actual Gamecube controllers?

9. Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    i'm enjoying this Hori-brand pad in Smash way more than i did the actual GC controllers in Smash (i hate those squishy triggers), and it works great for Mario Kart 8 as well:
    Nice, good to hear you're liking it. I don't have a Wii classic controller (pro), so I'm considering buying this. Maybe wait for that Pikachu version ...

Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    Luigi controller! It will be mine. Do those just plug into the Wiimote like a classic controller, or are they actual Gamecube controllers?
    The former.