Page 1 of 135 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo's Amiibo (Wii U, 3DS)

1. Nintendo's Amiibo (Wii U, 3DS)

Last edited by Geo; 30 Aug 2014 at 01:44 PM.

2. Stupid.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

3. They want a piece of the Skylanders pie. IIRC they almost had a deal with Activision regarding something like that.

4. Combining scannable Mario figures and the kids market makes a fair bit of sense after the success of Skylanders. There's a good chance of this making Nintendo a bit of money if they do it right. Wonder if they'll pull off something like this in the next Pokemon game?

You guys missed all the discussion starting here.

6. http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=41953
    The holiday shopping season begins today for Nintendo fans, as the first 12 amiibo interactive figures become available for pre-order at a suggested retail price of just $12.99 each. The first dozen characters available for pre-order at select retailers are Mario, Peach, Link, Samus, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Pikachu, Kirby, Fox, Marth, Villager and Wii Fit Trainer, with more on the way in the future.
    Nintendo’s foray into the toys-to-life category starts today, with the first 12 amiibo figures available to pre-order from select retailers. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, which launches this holiday season, will be the first game with full integration of amiibo functionality. Other games that will support amiibo include Mario Kart 8, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Mario Party 10 and Yoshi’s Woolly World, with more to come. More details on amiibo functionality with the various games and a launch date will be revealed shortly.
    http://www.nintendo.com/amiibo

The first amiibo series will be for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Send your amiibo in to fight and grow stronger!

In the Super Smash Bros. for Wii U game, you'll be able to scan your amiibo into the game. You'll then be able to fight against your amiibo, team up with it in battle or watch it battle other in-game characters. Your amiibo will be able to increase its attack and defense stats and even learn new fighting tactics.

At launch, there will be around 10 different amiibo figures available. More will be released during holiday 2014 and throughout 2015.

7. Available for preorder at Best Buy. $10.40 if you are gamers club unlocked.

8. Way too expensive.

9. They look pretty high-quality for the price, honestly.

I'll buy the shit out of that Samus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

10. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    Way too expensive.
    I agree, but that's the going rate established by Skylanders and Disney Infinity.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids