Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Constantine on NBC

1. Yep.

The smoking thing was actually what pissed me off most in the movie version they did. The fact that after being brought back to life he decided to quit was completely wrong for the character. His first impulse after screwing the devil out of curing his cancer was to light up a smoke. That act sums up who the character is. Having him not light up doesn't fit at all.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

2. I hate how videos sometimes don't show up in featherweight.
    But since I've now seen the video:
    1.) at least he's got an uk accent
    2.) at least he's blonde
    3.) at least his trench coat is the right color.
    Now that the superficial stuff that never really bothered me anyway is out of the way:
    1.) I always liked trickster John more than devil hunter John. John does what he does to help himself first and foremost. If someone else benefits, then hooray for serendipity.
    2.) The "audience learns as this ancillary character learns" trope is old and lazy.It's a half step above the though balloon.
    3.) Poor Chaz.

3. nbc presents the cw's supernatural

4. lol, yeah? I'm gonna check it out soon.

5. Quote Originally Posted by cka View Post
    nbc presents the cw's supernatural
    Season 1–5 of Supernatural was one of the best network shows. After the show runner kind of gave up and they Simpson'd it (producing content for no reason but greed). Even then some of the episodes that followed were great fun.

This show could only hope to be like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

6. So that pilot was...alright? It's got room to be much better.

7. I can't think of any reason I need this to be a show and not a comic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

8. I've not watched it, but the fact it exists makes me wish Dresden Files lasted more than 1 season.