Thread: Lost Land Adventure (Namco/arcade)

1. Lost Land Adventure (Namco/arcade)

Story: Arcade Heroes

Namco is testing Lost Land Adventure, a new gun game in a dome-screen equipped cabinet like Mach Storm's. They are testing it at one of their Japanese locations. LLA seems to be using Razing Storm type wired guns. Good, because I'm not a big fan of the mounted units found on DeadStorm Pirates & Dark Escape. Hopefully it won't rely on cheap hits like Dark Escape or Terminator Salvation. Razing Storm and Time Crisis don't resort to that bullshit- if you lose a life in RS/TC, it's your own fault for not shooting or taking cover (Allowing you to lean behind a conveniently placed object or raise a shield to block is something more gun games need to emulate, IMO).

This sort of cabinet would be the shit for an SDX version of Razing Storm 2 or Time Crisis 5. Price per play is the only possible gripe, with Mach Storm at D&B taking 15 chips per credit ($3.13 at the base rate of 48 chips/$10).

Sign me up for an Indy/Uncharted light gun game. I hope Frankie's gets this.

3. I'm quite curious how these guns actually work.

Mounted gun games all generally use analog pots.
    Wired guns as of late are usually infrared in combination with 10 LED sensors in the bezel around the screen.
    Optical guns wouldn't be able to be used since this is a projected image.
    Become History
    Awesome stuff I'm selling | Backloggery | Tumblr
    2013 Completion (2): PC (1), 360 (1)

4. Laugh Trailer Up!

LOL at the cheesy acting here, but the game itself looks very nice. The screen is a bit upsized from Mach Storm to accommodate two players. Namco plans to test LLA in the US. Many gameplay elements of DeadStorm Pirates are carried over, including the 5th mystery stage that must be unlocked by finishing the other 4- but this one adds treasure hunting. The Japanese version uses Banapassport to save your progress, which I could see being ditched for other regions.

"2014 summer game centers around the country! First-ever! Spherical screen unexplored adventure gun game Lost Land Adventure. View MAX! Great adventure where you look!"

Japan surely has it by now, but how long it'll take to show up here is a $1,000,000 question. Like I said, it's good to see that this does away with mounted guns and brings back the wired handheld kind ala Razing Storm.

5. It's not out in Japan. Most of these deluxe games are coming out overseas first like Transformers which just came out in the last month in Japan but released in the West back in Spring.

Guns must be infrared by the way the video shows them playing.
    Become History
    Awesome stuff I'm selling | Backloggery | Tumblr
    2013 Completion (2): PC (1), 360 (1)

That's not hooking me like Dark Escape 4D, but at least I can play this one with my daughter. I'll have to go see if the local place has it yet.

7. Namco 4 Life

8. Namcot