Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TNL Talks About The Industry: Your D1 Purchase Doesn't Matter

1. I just pirate them a week early, Day -5

ban

3. The only games I tend to day-1 are Street Fighter updates, this goes back to the 1990s though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

4. There are still a few retail games I would do day one purchases but it's usually far and few between.

In the case of smaller digital titles it's less of a cost issue though. Playing the waiting game for game sales really is the best unless a game has a big multiplayer component that you want to keep up with.
    Last edited by Will; 14 May 2014 at 09:49 PM.

Day 1 is only for something I really want. And even then I still find a way to get money back.

6. I am at the point where $10-$20 games are not impulse purchase any more. Part of it is my own fault for having so many, and part of it is that I find most games to be pretty boring. Maybe I am just growing old and grumpy.

7. The amount of games I'm willing to day 1 is very small now because of the lack of games that interest me enough to buy them and the little time I'd have to play more than a couple. I won't run out to buy games like God of War or Halo 4 because even though I really enjoy them, I know that I'll be looking at the credits roll in about 10 hours, and that's no longer worth $60 to me. Also, I don't play competitive multi-player. At a discount, those games are much more appealing to me.

Titles like the Elder Scrolls series or Dark Souls 2 I will gladly buy on launch day, because I know I'll be getting a lot of playtime out of them. Since I buy fewer modern games at launch now, the ones I do pick up have to last me longer.

8. Almost 100% of my purchases are Day 1, and have been so for years. Granted, I only buy one game at time, and play it until it's thoroughly beaten or I get sick of it. I like playing whatever is new (and at this point, I have a good idea if it's a game that will appeal to me), and in general, I get a reasonable amount of entertainment for my money. That works out much better...and as far as I can tell, cheaper...than my old days of buying everything, even on the cheap, and basically never playing half of them, and generally enjoying the games less. $15-$60 for many hours of the latest entertainment seems fair to me. Put differently, I blow a lot more money on things I enjoy a whole lot less.
    "Fiends! Animals! Bastards!"

Skate 4 would be day one. Anything else, not so sure anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Planet View Post
    Put differently, I blow a lot more money on things I enjoy a whole lot less.
    I see you're married too.