Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Halo: The Master Chief Collection

1. Halo: The Master Chief Collection

From Engadget:
    Master Chief is getting a facelift with an HD collection of his exploits. We've learned that Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 2, Halo 3 and Halo 4 are being collected in a Master Chief-focused HD remaster coming from Microsoft. Our sources say that the set will zero in on Halo's most famous soldier to refresh audience's memories ahead of Halo 5's release, so curiosities like Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach likely won't be a part of the package. The game's developer is unknown at this point, but considering that Saber Interactive handled Combat Evolved Anniversary and is also working on an unannounced Xbox One project, the team is a likely suspect. Also unclear are plans for digital distribution, resolution and frame-rate (Microsoft bragged that will run at the next Halo will run at a "blistering" 60fps), piecemeal releases, or if the games will surface on other platforms as well (PC, anyone?).
    http://www.engadget.com/2014/05/16/halo-the-master-chief-collection/
    Last edited by Chux; 16 May 2014 at 05:42 PM.

2. Listen, I know it's cool to hate Halo around here but I had a LOT of fun playing the multiplayer. If the multiplayer from all games comes in tact, well it'd be tough to ignore for me.

3. I really think MS is going to knock it out of the park this E3. I'd almost bet the Bone on it

4. They have to. They've got to play the hits, or(and?) end up like the Wii U.

5. Can they be any worse than last year?

I'd play through the single player on PC. Getting 2 to run in Win7 was a pain in the ass.

edit: Why are they announcing all this stuff three weeks before E3?
    Last edited by Yoshi; 16 May 2014 at 06:26 PM.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    Listen, I know it's cool to hate Halo around
    Cool for stupid people.

Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    If the multiplayer from all games comes in tact, well it'd be tough to ignore for me.
    Wouldn't that just fragment the player base to hell?

8. So would Halo 2 Anniversary be part of this collection? The other games I can see being ports getting resolution/frame rate bumps which is fine.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    So would Halo 2 Anniversary be part of this collection? The other games I can see being ports getting resolution/frame rate bumps which is fine.
    Hmm.

Halo 4 is one of the best looking games last gen, so yea.

Halo 3 is kind of rough even outside the low res.

10. Sweet. I'm sure the multiplayer will be all fucked up though. I bet $100 right now its just Halo 4's multi only.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle