Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1012131415161828 ... LastLast

Thread: Hyrule Warriors AKA Zelda Musou (Wii U / Nintendo 3DS)

1. This is really showing me how many Zelda games I've fallen behind on. Maybe I should start playing the stuff that came after Twilight Princess soon.

2. I think that's just 1 game, Skyward Sword.

Link Between Worlds came out but that doesn't really pertain to this game it seems. This looks like 40% SS, 40% OoT, and 20% TP.
    John / JohnNiner / Niner

3. Spirit Tracks and another DS one too, right? I don't know the recent game-specific characters so I'm not sure who's from what.

4. Spirit Tracks is the worst.

I agree with Yoshi on this. They are going to sell a ton of these to fanboys who will hate the game. Keep getting dem checks.

5. Ah I guess you're right, Spirit Tracks and Phantom Hourglass came out after TP. Those games are in 'toon link' world though and I haven't seen any reference to any of those in Hyrule Warriors so far. But you are behind!

I rewatched the video and I'm excited again! Some thoughts:
    The 3 worlds are pretty clearly shown starting at 1:40 or so, with the characters from each game following. Which may mean the Zelda that is here is the SS Zelda?
    The map system for the game looks amazing. It's based on the original Zelda 1 map? with some silly 8 bit graphic shenanigans? I love it.
    Link at 0:48 is murdering a bunch of innocent gorons, what a dick.

Edit: I agree that lots of people will buy this, and hate the gameplay. But I don't see it as a cash grab, they're definitely putting in effort. I think most of those people still won't be sorry they bought it.
    Last edited by Darmonde; 25 Jul 2014 at 11:48 AM.
    John / JohnNiner / Niner

6. Quote Originally Posted by Darmonde View Post
    The 3 worlds are pretty clearly shown starting at 1:40 or so, with the characters from each game following. Which may mean the Zelda that is here is the SS Zelda?
    Link, Zelda, and Impa (and presumably Ganondorf) are new iterations unique to this game. Presumably the same will hold true for any further characters with multiple incarnations.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

7. Cool, makes sense.
    John / JohnNiner / Niner

8. As far as fan service games go, I prefer this a million times more than SSB. Shit, make a Mario one too.

Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    As far as fan service games go, I prefer this a million times more than SSB.
    If you lower the bar that far, anything will clear it.

10. Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ForFun.jpg 
Views:	293 
Size:	191.7 KB 
ID:	74711  
    Donk