Thread: MouseCraft (Linux, Mac, PC, PS3/4/V)

MouseCraft (Linux, Mac, PC, PS3/4/V)

Quote Originally Posted by Eurogamer
    Another game I stumbled upon at Polish conference Digital Dragons was MouseCraft, an engaging puzzle game that's most easily described as Tetris meets Lemmings.

You must guide roaming mice across a 2D level but gaps and obstacles bar your way. Overcoming them involves selecting Tetris-like pieces from above and dropping them into place. As always, the puzzles start off easy and then quickly get hard.

It's coming out 8th July on PC and PlayStation platforms - PS4, PS3, Vita - and it's a Cross-Buy game so you only need to pay once.

MouseCraft is available in beta now, via Steam Early Access, priced £9.99.

The game's made by Crunching Koalas, an indie studio from Poland.
    Link

I like this mini comeback of Lemmings-style games.

Apparently no one else cares, but "Lemmings meets Tetris" should be better than a 6/10:

MouseCraft certainly looks nicer than most puzzle games, with its bold cartoon style and lively animated backdrop showing Schrödinger excitedly watching your mice progress. To begin with, it's also a delight to play, while the allure of its retro mash-up remains strong. That allure dims, gradually but inevitably, as the game fails to find that alchemical moment where its undeniably appealing genetic ingredients give rise to a genuinely new species. MouseCraft is always, noticeably and unapologetically, Lemmings meets Tetris - and like the mice of its title, it seems happy to scrabble about in the twin shadows of its genre-defining inspirations.
    It still seems worth a Steam sale flyer.

3. But the existing "Lemmings meets Tetris" franchise is definitely better than a 6/10 and is way more charming!

I'm going to have to give that a shot. I'm impressed that you found something I have never heard of. I assume there was never a port.

edit: And my assumption would be wrong. It came out on PS1 and Saturn in Japan, as well as SFC and that God damned region locked Virtual Console.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 10 Jul 2014 at 02:44 PM.

5. Where would our modern indy developers and app makers be without obscure Japanese software?
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

They'd be left without anything to fail to live up to.

7. If only Harvest Moon had some way to spend huge stacks of real money built into it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

8. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    I'm going to have to give that a shot. I'm impressed that you found something I have never heard of. I assume there was never a port.

edit: And my assumption would be wrong. It came out on PS1 and Saturn in Japan, as well as SFC and that God damned region locked Virtual Console.
    There even a sequel on SFC, and a fan translation to boot.