Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 31315161718192131 ... LastLast

Thread: Terminator: Genisys

1. Ahhhh they've dorkwashed Bill Paxton out of the movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

2. Apparently it's a rights thing. They can't use any of the original footage. Thankfully.

3. This has that problem where a shitty song samples one of your favorite songs.

4. Okay. So, Arnold was great in this. Since this T-800 had been around for years raising Sarah, he had adopted more human mannerisms, so he talks and acts a little less mechanically and even makes the occasional joke. He's still basically The Terminator, but it's a more natural performance this time. It actually felt like he was acting a bit. Plus, his relationship with Sarah was actually sweet, like when he waited for her and Kyle to arrive in 2017 and had kept pictures of her and all the crayon drawings she had drawn of him as a child hanging on the wall of his hideout.

Otherwise, this movie was terrible. The plot almost made no sense, and despite the much-hyped "Back to the Future 2" style messing with alternate timelines shit, it just felt like such a re-hash it wasn't even funny. Ultimately, YET AGAIN it was Arnold and the humans on the run in the modern day from a superior Terminator while trying to stop Skynet.

This isn't a spoiler, since the trailers and commercials already spoiled it- John Connor was transformed into an evil super-Terminator, and his character was completely lame and his plans for Sarah and Kyle made no sense...he needs them to stay alive or he'll never be born and then transformed into a Terminator to serve Skynet, yet he keeps alternating between not killing them when he has every opportunity to do so and then flipping buses in an attempt to kill them and...ugh.

Oh, and the "Genisys" part of the movie is just stupid. Like, just a really, really, really, really stupid plot device. When I found out what Genisys actually was I honestly couldn't believe that was the best they could come up with. You'll see what I mean.

J.K. Simmons is completely wasted in this, but I'm sure he at least got a good paycheck.

The little bit of Future War stuff in the beginning was actually decent.

The interaction between Sarah and Kyle was mind-numbingly awful. Whenever they started talking the movie just came to a complete halt.

Dumb spoilers:

Matt Smith IS (barely) in the movie, and he plays SKYNET FOR REALS LOL

BTW, Matt Smith/Skynet was super-annoying.

John Connor was super-annoying, too. Every time he showed up you just wanted him to go away. Hell, the T-X from T3 was a better villain.

Apparently when you time travel you can hear important plot points from alternate time lines that never happened.

Kyle talks to his child self and the kid has no idea who the fuck this stranger is that showed up on his family's farm and asked him to remember that Genisys is Skynet. The scene was just creepy and weird.

Young CG Arnold was fun. Too bad he didn't stick around.

The T-1000 was fun. Too bad he didn't stick around.

Arnold becomes upgraded to a T-1000 at the end. Seriously. They actually foreshadowed it, which I picked up on. I'm still not sure if this is stupid or not, but I'm sure this movie will flop and there won't be a sequel that explores his new abilities, so whatever.

Genisys was a keen new Operating System that everyone was way stoked to be released....in 2017 the countdown clock leading to it's release is on billboards and cell phones and everywhere else and people are so excited. But no, it's really Skynet, who will take over he world when the countdown reaches zero! But he's already shown to be awake and aware of everything that's going on, even future stuff, so why does he have to wait for the clock to finish before...ah, fuck it.

Again, aside from Arnold, this movie was pretty bad. But I still can't rank it in badness compared to Terminator 3 and Salvation. Overall, it might be the worst Terminator movie, although I liked Arnold better in Genisys than in T3. I'm not sure why this is so hard to decide.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 02 Jul 2015 at 07:36 AM.

5. Thank you Dole, I'm comfortable with you having watched that and me having read those spoilers so I don't have to see it.

6. James Cameron is such an asshole for endorsing this movie as "great" and "the real sequel to Terminator 2." Not that I believed him for a second.

But hey, at least there were purple lasers again in the future. There's that.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 02 Jul 2015 at 07:44 AM.

7. I enjoyed 3 even though it wasn't good. salvation is just dumb so I might like this one just to see the governator.

8. Again, Arnold was good. He was certainly livelier than he was in T3.

9. Speaking of Salvation, interesting that they went the exact same 'omg young arnold cgi' route again.

10. I saw this last night and Dolemite's review is fucking spot on perfect. I really can't add much to what he said, because he nailed all of the low points of the movie. Well, maybe I can mention the excruciatingly poor attempt at humor when our main characters get arrested and the "Cops" theme song starts playing...ugh.

One thing for sure is that I have no problem at all labeling this the worst Terminator movie in the entire franchise. At least Terminator 3 had a great ending and Salvation had the usual solid Christian Bale performance. Genisys is just as bad as "A Good Day to Die Hard."