Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 41416171819202232 ... LastLast

Thread: Terminator: Genisys

1. Quote Originally Posted by magnifiedplaid View Post

Genisys is just as bad as "A Good Day to Die Hard."
    Holy shit. Well that's really disappointing.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

2. Quote Originally Posted by magnifiedplaid View Post
    I saw this last night and Dolemite's review is fucking spot on perfect. I really can't add much to what he said, because he nailed all of the low points of the movie. Well, maybe I can mention the excruciatingly poor attempt at humor when our main characters get arrested and the "Cops" theme song starts playing...ugh.
    OMG, I forgot about that. That was SO FUCKING BAD.

One thing for sure is that I have no problem at all labeling this the worst Terminator movie in the entire franchise. At least Terminator 3 had a great ending and Salvation had the usual solid Christian Bale performance.
    Yeah, but T3 had SO MUCH cheesy humor inserted into it. And Salvation had almost no redeeming qualities...I didn't even think Bale was that good in it, shockingly.

Genisys is just as bad as "A Good Day to Die Hard."
    That's pretty much a spot-on assessment, yeah.

A few more observations/complaints about Genisys:

So they go to the trouble of turning John Connor - the savior of humanity - into a T-3000, and then just play him as a standard, full-on villain the entire movie instead of having him try to resist and fight his programming? If that's not a plot device then what's the point? Why make the T-3000 anyone in particular if you're not going to play on who they were at all?

The dude playing Kyle Reese was horribly mis-cast. Michael Biehn was fantastic in the original Terminator; he was intense and crazy as fuck and had an extremely lean physique, just as someone who's been fighting robots while starving in the middle of an apocalyptic wasteland should be. This new guy, on the other hand, was super-relaxed and laid back most of the time and had pretty much zero intensity. And he was way too buff; he looked more like a Terminator himself than a dude living underground while living on rat stew. This Kyle Reese apparently had access to plenty of whey protein and a Gold's Gym in the future, not to mention lots of toothpaste and dental floss. He really looked like he had stepped onto the set of the movie right from his luxury trailer after getting a manicure from one of his several personal assistants.

I liked the girl playing Sarah Connor more than I thought I would, most likely because she was pretty cute. She's certainly no Linda Hamilton in the acting department, however.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 03 Jul 2015 at 01:25 PM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

3. I thought T3 was a solid yet generic and forgettable action movie, but I've only seen it once and that was with low expectations since so many people were bitching about it at the time so grain of salt. I recall the firetruck or whatever chase being pretty cool.

Can't really remember anything about Salvation.

4. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    I thought T3 was a solid yet generic and forgettable action movie, but I've only seen it once and that was with low expectations since so many people were bitching about it at the time so grain of salt. I recall the firetruck or whatever chase being pretty cool.

Can't really remember anything about Salvation.
    Yup, that scene was great and didn't Arnold paid for the budget for that scene? I don't remember anything about Salvation, except maybe Batman falling down a hole.

5. The hook and manhole scene from Terminator 3 is one of the best collateral damage stunts ever.

6. Terminator 3 is an underrated flick, and I have a feeling that people's appreciation for it will grow over time, especially after seeing how abysmal later entries like Genisys are. I know this sounds all sorts of wrong too, but on most days I'd rather pop in my Terminator 3 blu-ray over my Terminator 2 blu-ray. For me, T2 drags a bit in places and any time I can skip hearing Edward Furlong's whiny voice is definitely a plus for me.
    Last edited by magnifiedplaid; 05 Jul 2015 at 03:39 AM.

7. *sharpens pitchfork*

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

When I was a lad Terminator 2 was so kick ass. As an adult Terminator 2 is a just dumber version of Terminator.

I enjoy 3 for what it is. "You are terminated" is my favorite moment in the trilogy.

I've watched t2 too many times. Any great movie is like that as an adult if you have it memorized.

I wouldnt say it is dumber. It was just an action movie to t1's suspense / horror. Much like alien to aliens.

Maybe action is always dumber than the alternatives.

Short circuit 2 is kind of action movie compared to 1, and it is dumber.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!