Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst ... 51517181920212333 ... LastLast

Thread: Terminator: Genisys

Yeah, yeah.

2. T2 was all about identifying what my idea of 'cool' was at 10 years old. T1 is a solid movie (except for maybe the motel love scene where they crank the romance novel trash up to 11). Both are great!

T3 doesn't have any goddamn weight to it. Dude tosses out a 'fusion battery' and it makes a huge explosion and no one ever cares ever again = T3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. I rewatched T1 last night, that hotel/love scene was very awkward and forced. Other than that and the weird claymation here and there, it still holds up.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Any great movie is like that as an adult if you have it memorized.
    Like what? A dumber version of Terminator?

The not being able to sit down and watch it.

I love both short circuit movies but I haven't watched either in like 5 years. I don't need too. between the ages of like 4 and 9 I watched Batteries not included, short circuit, Ghostbusters, Robocop, and Little Shop of Horrors in rotation.

And speaking of Ghostbusters, I really wish Youtube had the MTV halloween version of 'Frankenstein' My dad for whatever reason taped the GB theme and the Frankenstein video before our copy of Ghostbusters.

I can't agree with that. I can sit down and watch Terminator, Robocop, Road Warrior, Blade Runner, Brave Little Toaster, the Princess Bride, etc without thinking they're dumb. Terminator 2, on the other hand, is pretty dumb.

I don't think I was trying to say that not being able or being able to watch something makes it dumb / not dumb.

I'm more responding to this:

Quote Originally Posted by magnifiedplaid View Post
    Terminator 3 is an underrated flick, and I have a feeling that people's appreciation for it will grow over time, especially after seeing how abysmal later entries like Genisys are. I know this sounds all sorts of wrong too, but on most days I'd rather pop in my Terminator 3 blu-ray over my Terminator 2 blu-ray. For me, T2 drags a bit in places and any time I can skip hearing Edward Furlong's whiny voice is definitely a plus for me.
    than to you, though.

I don't think being able to watch something makes it good or bad.

Hell, Empire strikes back puts me to sleep at this point, but objectively is probably the best Star Wars movie. It just drags in the middle and I've seen it 500 times now because of ATATs and Yoda.

8. Man I really like terminator 1. I was going to explain why but I don't think I could put it into words that well.
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

It's fantastic.

I like it so much I wrote a record about it.