Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1121232425262729 ... LastLast

Thread: Terminator: Genisys

1. Go watch the ep Soldier. It's on Hulu and Cameron directly ripped it off.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I watched Terminator, probably 100 times while working on that Deckards record. T2 just seems kinda silly now.

Sarah is real deal badass as fuck though, so there's that.
    If you really think about the storyline of T1, it's kind of silly as well. Reese is the father of John, because he was sent back to the past to stop the terminator and lay the pipe on Sarah. There would have to be the 1st timeline, where Skynet happened, and Sarah Conner did not meet Reese.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Alright, name the movie that termination was a copy of.
    Terminator 2, 3, and 7

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    If you really think about the storyline of T1, it's kind of silly as well. Reese is the father of John, because he was sent back to the past to stop the terminator and lay the pipe on Sarah. There would have to be the 1st timeline, where Skynet happened, and Sarah Conner did not meet Reese.
    There can't ever be a first time though. That's the problem with time travel paradoxes.

Well, there probably is a timeline like that. Skynet is made years later than normal and everyone dies. Or John had a different dad.

I guess it really depends on if we are talking about time like a river that you can change your position in, or if we are talking about it like multiple universes and when you change something you are really just changing which universe you are in and not time.

I think Terminator uses the river, but then it changes to the multiverse in t2, (or it might have been 3, I kinda forget)

For John to exist he had to have sent Kyle back to lay pipe, which means there can't a first time. It's always happened, and it always will happen. Sarah killed the Terminator at Cyberdyne, which gave them the technology to create the Terminator that came back in time to die at Cyberdyne. I'm not going to pretend that it's logical, but thems the rules.

Well if it is multi universes, there is a universe where John sends him back for a reason other than fucking his mother, and he fucks his mother and they have the John we know, and he then sends Kyle back because he knows he has to to be born (though not really, because in the multi universe time travel you can't undo your own timeline by changing the past, you just change it for the people you send back as they switch to another past).

You know that would be an interesting thing to make a movie out of. Because the time model a lot of movies use would translate into the future people that send the people back always thinking they failed because they couldn't change their own timeline, while the time traveler usually thought they succeeded.

(Also, I'm saying that John probably has no idea how time travel works. But skynet probably does since it invented it or finished it. It makes you wonder why it bothers if it's success can't be undone. Maybe it just really hates John and his mom)
    Last edited by Fe 26; 09 Jul 2016 at 04:10 PM.

8. I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.

9. Bootstrap Paradox
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

It's not multi universe though. They change the way they deal with it later, but in the first one its single timeline.