Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Soylent

1. Reducing fart potency.

2. The noblest science.

3. It is funny to talk about food through version updates.

1.3 - Potassium gluconate has been replaced with dipotassium phosphate. This change has reduced the mass of a Soylent 1.3 pouch to 432 grams.

I had my first snack sized portion.

It doesn't taste any different to me than any other powdered meal shake. In other words, tasteless. Perhaps I'll go nuts and add some banana and berries to it for my next meal.

Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    Soylent Log, 9 May 2015

Someone stole my 1.3 from the fridge and I will get the new 1.4 instead. I will update later

but seriously, what sorts of things are they doing between versions
    1.3 has a vegan omega-3 source, a different colour, and a slightly different flavour.

5. I had it for lunch and as an early evening snack. I became fatigued for the rest of the day, more so than usual for me.

Keep trying it for lunch for a week and see how it goes. Are you adding oil?

The new formulas are not as filling as 1.1 was. I don't know why.

7. Yes. I'm adding the oil blend that comes with the package.

By the end of the day yesterday, I had bags under my eyes and I looked and felt like I hadn't slept for six days.

Knock on wood, all other bodily functions seem normal at this point. I do plan on going through my supply.

How many calories do you normally eat in a day?

9. Going by my best guess right now, somewhere in between 1,500 and 2,000.

Dunno. They do recommend easing in to it. Maybe have a tiny lunch with 8oz of soylent for a day or two and then try replacing a meal with it? Also, it might not be for you. Everyone is different, mostly.

I had soylent for lunch and dinner today and it ruled.