Page 1 of 12 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Soylent

1. Soylent

http://soylent.me/

Anyone here try it? I ordered a small batch to see how it goes. For those that don't know, it's basically a "food replacement" shake. I only plan on substituting a lunch or dinner here and there. I'm not so sure humanity is ready to give up food just yet.

2. Josh said he was following it some time ago

3. I don't understand the difference between this stuff and, like, Slim Fast or Carnation Instant Breakfast, but I have a feeling the word for that difference is "marketing."

That it's sweetened with sucralose is a bummer, too. Splenda in every meal is not enticing.

4. Apparently this shit is FULL of faulty bro-science. Forget the fact that this uses a lot of really really awful unnatural chemical products (which isn't a death knell in and of itself)... the "science" behind food is way more complicated than getting daily nutrients.

TLDR: We know things are healthy. But not always why they are esp when it comes to disease prevention.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

5. it's all about the macros brah

Cheaper food has some appeal to me because I spend more than almost anyone on earth on food, but I probably wouldn't go this route

6. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    I don't understand the difference between this stuff and, like, Slim Fast or Carnation Instant Breakfast, but I have a feeling the word for that difference is "marketing."

That it's sweetened with sucralose is a bummer, too. Splenda in every meal is not enticing.
    I can agree about the marketing. I don't remember where I first heard about it, this link had me look into it more.

http://fourhourworkweek.com/2013/08/20/soylent/

I get a huge kick out of the critiques of this. There is absolutely NO WAY you could ever hope to put fruits or vegetables in the blender with this stuff. IMPOSSIBEL. Nutritional yeast? NEVER. Brotein powder? NOT A CHANCE!

Also, you can ONLY drink soylent if you purchase any. There will be ZERO eating or drinking of anything else. CAPS

Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    I don't understand the difference between this stuff and, like, Slim Fast or Carnation Instant Breakfast, but I have a feeling the word for that difference is "marketing."
    For me the word is "milk protein" and that's not even a word.

Facing Josh and his problem solving skills.

10. It's made out of people!