Page 1 of 40 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Mortal Kombat X (Android, iOS, PC, PS4, One)

Mortal Kombat X (Android, iOS, PC, PS4, One)

Quote Originally Posted by Joystiq
    Amazon's UK storefront has posted listings of a "Mortal Kombat X" for PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One and PC platforms. The listings are void of description and imagery, but list Warner Bros. Interactive as publisher, and estimate a release date of 2015.

Mortal Kombat series creator Ed Boon has been teasing something over the past few weeks, counting down days via images posted to his Twitter account. That countdown is set to end tomorrow, so we should know more soon.
    Link

The last paragraph refers to this earlier story:

Quote Originally Posted by Joystiq
    NetherRealm Studios creative director Ed Boon has been offering innocuous images seemingly suggesting a new Mortal Kombat game on the horizon for quite a while now, but with yesterday's appearance of a leaked promotional poster, the franchise co-creator has grown much less coy.

The poster that appeared on Reddit features a mangled human spine, the familiar dragon's head logo of the Mortal Kombat series, and the phrase "Who's Next?" Though his earlier attempts at teasing fans were far more obscure - this photo of a car's bumper would be dull coming from anyone but Boon - Boon embraced the poster, borrowing that monochrome dragon's head for use as his Twitter icon and replacing his account's header image with that "Who's Next?" slogan.

Following a host of questions from fans, Boon has apparently given up on his attempts to tease his Twitter followers. "I don't suppose there's anything I can do to make you think we still MIGHT be announcing Injustice 2 in #five days is there.....?" Boon later asked no one in particular.

Assuming there is a new Mortal Kombat in the works, it seems quite likely that we'll hear all about it at the upcoming E3 conference, though Boon may spill the beans a bit early. That "MKX" bumper photograph was part of a slow countdown Boon had been updating on Twitter that is slated to hit zero on June 2. We'll keep a close eye on NetherRealm Studios, and report back on anything that might emerge.
    Link

Here is said bumper from Boon's Twitter feed:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bn8ms3JCUAEjQzE.jpg 
Views:	305 
Size:	31.4 KB 
ID:	74321
    Last edited by Yoshi; 02 Mar 2015 at 11:01 AM.

2. The reboot was good but after a while I just lost interest in it due to the combat system not feeling 100% right and getting my ass handed to me after trying to pick it up months after.

The tag team mode was great though so I'd like to see that return. I might pass on this, there's only so many fighters one can play and so much time in the day.

3. Just fire the person who did the 3D models for the last game and we're fine.

No more Batman Jawed Women, please.

4. Ever since they switched from live action, all MK women have looked like trannies.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

5. They are trannies. Jeez, why are you all so insensitive?

6. I think I liked the last one so much just because it was basically MK 1-3 remade. This new one will just be all new shit and probably suck.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

7. If only they hired programmers who understand fighters....LOL@the randomness in MK9
    Become History
    Awesome stuff I'm selling | Backloggery | Tumblr
    2013 Completion (2): PC (1), 360 (1)

I liked the fact that it gave no fucks about genre conventions.