Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Razion: 1560 Mega Hori shmup from NG:DEV Team (Autumn '14)

1. Neo-Geo Razion: 1560 Mega Hori shmup from NG:DEV Team (Autumn '14)

NG Dev Team Razion page

Razion is NG Dev's new hori STG planned for an Autumn 2014 release. Like Fast Striker, it will be a 1560 Mbit cart- which does mean no Neo-Geo CD version (they said the 1560 Mbit size is why Fast Striker isn't on NGCD), but hopefully we'll see a Dreamcast or PC one. The A button is for Shot and can be held for focus or "gold soak" (sucking in the gold cubes?), while B is Beam.

Graphically, it looks like Pulstar and Fast Striker got thrown in the blender, shaken well, and stirred for a minute. The BGM in this trailer kicks.

Right now it's around 80% complete.

2. That looks damn good. Still have a few of their titles to try...keep forgetting Gunlord too.

3. Gunlord is great.

Hope they don't fuck up the DC port this time.

5. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    Hope they don't fuck up the DC port this time.
    QIA. Neo Xyx on DC does gyp you out of your bomb fragments after a stage sometimes.
    At least the Gunlord port is fine. I bought the MVS cart and it looks 1:1 to me.

The price on the MVS Razion? Sit down before you hear it. I was thinking $400-450. Go higher.
    MVS version, LE -> 449 EUR ($613.35)
    MVS version, RE -> 399 EUR ($545.11)

If I decide to get an MVS version, I'm going RE.
    Last edited by gameoverDude; 05 Jun 2014 at 05:23 PM.

I was referring to the dc vertical mode, it is laggy and crashes a lot. It's fine on Tate.

7. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    I was referring to the dc vertical mode, it is laggy and crashes a lot. It's fine on Tate.
    I've heard of that and NEVER have played it in Yoko. Too bad NGDT hasn't put out a fixed version (i.e. one based on MVS NX 1.3). Sure makes me wish DC game EXEs could be patched via a VMU file.
    IINM the V1.3 release for MVS NX came after the DC version was put out. The DC one was released on 2/17 and the 1.3 patch came out on Tax Day. This gives the MVS version reduced safespots for most bosses, and a remaining lives bonus when the game is finished.

TBQH I think they should consider 360/PS3 ports and let M2 help them out on getting these games into the Neo-Geo Station. I sure would love to see Gunlord on PSP/Vita.

They ran an Indiegogo campaign for Gunlord on PC, 3DS, and Wii U. It failed miserably. https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/g...ds-and-wiiu--2

9. Was hoping for a 3DS port, could have looked fantastic in 3D.

Never heard of Neo Xyx! Not bad, they got the early Cave/ Toaplan look down.

10. Went in on this.

What the hell, NGDEV team only releases one game a year at most. Not sure if this will show up on the Dreamcast, either. So I guessed I'd take a $584 plunge on the RE. I'll be back here with impressions once I've gotten it.

They were clearing out Dreamcast stock as of 7/3. Damn, that went quick.