Thread: Jupiter Ascending (Wachowski sci-fi epic starring Mila Kunis and Channing Tatum in Spock ears)

1. Jupiter Ascending (Wachowski sci-fi epic starring Mila Kunis and Channing Tatum in Spock ears)

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

This movie was beyond terrible.

I was looking for the hateful eight thread and found this.

Seriously the amount of 12 year old sexual tension they try to build is so miserable. I liked that the splices are made from a hundred dead normal people. Didn't have much of an impact on the story though.

All the action scenes are unfollowable in the wide shots so it's just meaningless close ups of the actors gripping control pedals and making faces while they blow up all this stuff.

With a less wordy script this could have been pretty cool, but all the scenes between Mila and Channing made me acutely aware of the fact that I am dying and this was how I was choosing to spend my time.

Do not watch if it comes on your television.
    Last edited by Cowutopia; 04 Jan 2016 at 01:08 AM.

3. It did turn out pretty badly. And that's coming from the kind of weirdo who loved Cloud Atlas and Speed Racer.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

Kinda suffered the same fate as Star Wars prequels. Lots of boring talking with no movement in the scenes, horrible action.

The actors couldn't have done much with that.

Mila was supposed to be this audience proxy everygirl like the dr. Who sidekicks but her character just didn't hit any of the right notes. She wasn't...internally consistent.