Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: You Must Spread Rep Around BS

1. Yeah, but that's nothing new
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

2. Same thing happens to me fairly often, I just find random posts that made me chuckle or that I agree with and give em a quick rep, usually only takes one or two. But what SSJN is demanding would be nice!

3. I A with these Ps. This is why TNL is thinning out. If we keep redistributing the rep, there will eventually be no one left from whom we can try to redistribute the rep.

4. All of the major contributors of rep-worthy posts are living on Mr. K's Kulch and Finch's Fulch now

However dead the board appears to be, it would look less dead if all rep posts were actual board posts.

6. Possibly, but them we would be awash in lol posts again. I think we've enough of them already.

If I recall correctly, many years ago MVS wrote a post here about how this board still had a good "signal to noise" ratio at the time compared to other boards. Hiding what could otherwise be shit posts in rep may do well in maintaining that ratio, but I at least think that it has had enough of a detrimental effect by now that it has reduced both signal and noise.

Then again this is coming from my perspective as someone who never really bought into the rep game to begin with. Perhaps all the hidden conversations occurring in them would be less frank if they had to be made in public.

8. It's also coming from someone who sticks to blogs almost exclusively.
    And i think you're giving way too much credit to the depth of these rep conversations, at least the ones ive been privy to.
    This thread began because i wanted to image link a gif of the dude saying "gold,jerry, gold" in mzo's rep.
    Much too hack and obvious for the thread, but awesomely intrusive and obnoxious for a rep comment. The thought of mzo having to look at that dumb image until he got enough rep to wipe it off his page gives me giggles just thinking about it.
    The board loses nothing by having certain things held in private.

All right.

Otherwise - I tend to only post when I believe that I have something worth saying which nobody else is, and I try to refrain from repeating myself. I feel like most people who still actively post here would already know my primary response to any given topic if it hasn't already been posted previously (as I do most of you), so there's no point to affirm the belief.

Besides, do you really want the stuff I post in my blog to bump dead threads? No, you don't.

10. What are you low-rep plebs prattling about?

Last edited by YellerDog; 07 Jun 2014 at 09:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!