Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Scalebound (XBO)

1. Scalebound officially cancelled.

Microsoft PR statement:
    After careful deliberation, Microsoft Studios has come to the decision to end production for “Scalebound.”

2. That sucks. There was footage of it playing at a local video game store all the time, liked the concept.

3. Wow.

Is the XBone going to be the punchline console for current 15 to 21-year-olds? Are the 3DO and Jag to us as the XBone is to high school and college-age millennials?

4. There must be a story here. Cancelling a game months from its launch after years of development is almost unheard of these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    Wow.

Is the XBone going to be the punchline console for current 15 to 21-year-olds? Are the 3DO and Jag to us as the XBone is to high school and college-age millennials?
    I think Wii U is going to have that wrapped up.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 09 Jan 2017 at 04:55 PM.

5. This really sucks as I was definitely looking forward to this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    I think Wii U is going to have that wrapped up.
    Can we place a bet on this? The Wii U is going to be the next DC, PCEngine, Saturn etc. It may not have sold well but it has more exclusives on it than the PS4 or Xbone.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

6. I really like my Wii U. Has more games that are only on that than PS4/One.
    Who are we kidding I only play roms anyway.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    There must be a story here. Cancelling a game months from its launch after years of development is almost unheard of these days.
    Prediction: It will be announced that Platinum is now a second party dev for Nintendo, and Scalebound will be released as a Switch exclusive.

....Either that, or it's flat out cancelled because Platinum has made a few stinkers lately...

8. Quote Originally Posted by magnifiedplaid View Post
    Prediction: It will be announced that Platinum is now a second party dev for Nintendo, and Scalebound will be released as a Switch exclusive.

....Either that, or it's flat out cancelled because Platinum has made a few stinkers lately...
    Going with that second one, the property seemed wholly Mircosoft's.

As far as the Wii U it was a colossal fuck up on the N's part but the ratio of quality games is impressive. One of the few systems I could readily complete a collection for as well.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Low View Post
    Going with that second one, the property seemed wholly Mircosoft's.

As far as the Wii U it was a colossal fuck up on the N's part but the ratio of quality games is impressive. One of the few systems I could readily complete a collection for as well.
    Yeah, with the low number of game releases the Wii U is a system that you can realistically complete a full collection for. I would slit my wrists before attempting to get a full collection of Wii titles though...that system had so much shovel ware that it's beyond ridiculous. Right now, the only system I want a complete collection for is the Dreamcast, and I think that is the only system I will ever do that for.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    This really sucks as I was definitely looking forward to this one.

Can we place a bet on this? The Wii U is going to be the next DC, PCEngine, Saturn etc. It may not have sold well but it has more exclusives on it than the PS4 or Xbone.
    I mean yeah, but those systems are also punchlines to a lot of people. Fair comparison though.