Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Scalebound (XBO)

1. Quote Originally Posted by magnifiedplaid View Post
    Prediction: It will be announced that Platinum is now a second party dev for Nintendo, and Scalebound will be released as a Switch exclusive.

....Either that, or it's flat out cancelled because Platinum has made a few stinkers lately...
    It would have to be a pretty epic stinker though, for MS to not just release it and make what they can. It would have to be "damage the brand" bad.

2. Maybe not. That money is already spent. It would just have to cost more to finish it than what it could bring in. Which seems plausible from what we have seen.

Still it's disappointing they couldn't figure it out, this might have been a nice Scorpio showcase.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    It would have to be a pretty epic stinker though, for MS to not just release it and make what they can. It would have to be "damage the brand" bad.
    Or they figured they'd get more in the tax write-off for canning it than they would releasing it. See: DC version of Half-Life.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

4. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    I mean yeah, but those systems are also punchlines to a lot of people. Fair comparison though.
    Very bad people

5. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    It's probably not coincidental that production on this seems to have started shutting down right around when sales for ReCore were coming back. Scalebound was probably a troubled production anyway, but a game from a noted Japanese dev failing to rally much support helped hasten the decision to pull the plug on another game with a similar sales pitch, one would think.

(Inafune shouldn't be compared on even ground with Kamiya, of course, but try telling the execs that.)

6. What is the last good Platinum game? Bayonetta 2?

7. Microsoft cant catch a break with its new IP this gen.
    Based on anecdotal evidence, Ryse, Sunset Overdrive, Quantom Break, and Recore have all been duds. Did the exclusivity of Rise of the Tomb Raider do anything for them? I lnow plenty of folks that have both systems and said they'd wait because TR was a "playstation" game.

8. KI is a good game and has been dead long enough to be a new IP. Not sure what if anything it did for MS, though.

9. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    What is the last good Platinum game? Bayonetta 2?
    Yeah, I'd say Bayonetta 2 was their last good game. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan was so bad that it bummed me out. Outside of the visuals, they put zero effort into that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Microsoft cant catch a break with its new IP this gen.
    Based on anecdotal evidence, Ryse, Sunset Overdrive, Quantom Break, and Recore have all been duds. Did the exclusivity of Rise of the Tomb Raider do anything for them? I lnow plenty of folks that have both systems and said they'd wait because TR was a "playstation" game.
    Is Sunset Overdrive considered a dud due to sales? I thought it was a pretty damn solid game. Quantum Break was no Alan Wake, that's for sure...and I picked up Re-Core for $15 on Black Friday, but I haven't bothered to open it yet.

10. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    What is the last good Platinum game? Bayonetta 2?
    I think so, and I think it was also their last non licensed game. I feel there's a connection here.