Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 810111213 LastLast

Thread: Cuphead (PC, One, SMS)

Took me a little under 6 hours to reach the Finale. I like it a lot! My one complaint is when there are foreground objects blocking vision.

Here is my stream. I played the whole stream covering up the HP and nobody said anything. God damn. Well, next time I'll put myself in the opposite corner.

Dunno when I'll finish but I definitely want to get back in, finish it, and then again later go for all A ratings.

There is a nice little 'sploit you can use. If you quickly switch weapons with the lob shot you can shoot the powerful lob bullets faster.

Hardest stages IMO were the dragon, the robot airplane stage, and the bee. The robot plane doesn't even seem so hard in retrospect, I don't know why it took me so long. The mini plane/speed boost is mad useful.

I am most proud of one shotting the flower boss. 4:42:34 start. I think I one shotted 4 stages altogether.

The Bee was pretty frustrating! I spent almost half the playtime on maybe 4 stages
    Last edited by Cowutopia; 15 Oct 2017 at 08:33 PM.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    I'm still digging this game, but there's no mistaking it for any of the boss rush games of the 16-bit era. It's the little things. Supers, for example, should have a few frames of invulnerability after ending, force their target into hit stun, or both so you don't just land on something that wasn't there when you started supering six seconds ago. Fodder run and gun enemies should take fewer hits to lend a sense of power. Those little gumball bullets from the grenade gun should have unique, pronounced visual and sound effects on hit so they don't feel like dookie.
    I actually complain about the lack of invulnerability after super as well, but honestly it would be OP otherwise.

The charge weapon one shots most enemies on run and gun, so maybe try that.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    No sir, I don't like it.
    It's all memorization and zero twitch.
    There's actually a TON of RNG in all the levels. You can memorize attack patterns but it's not really a lot of memorization
    Pete DeBoer's Tie

4. I've been playing this slow since I hit 50%, I'm really enjoying just looking at stuff and finding new approaches to levels as I get upgrades.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

5. Just picked this up, but haven't torn into it yet. I bought it at Best Buy, where you get the download, an official Xbone game box, and a collectible animation cell thing for $20. Yeah, kind of useless to have a box for a digital game, but I like silly stuff like that.
    I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.

6. I've been playing slooooow. Finally got to the Devil, though! All coins, I want to clear the pacifist runs and A-level boss clears next.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

7. Did you guys know you are terrible bigots if you like this racist ass game?

That’s what the internet is saying.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Chux
    Did you guys know you are terrible bigots?

That’s what the internet is saying.
    Fixed.

9. Oh, well yeah.

It's part of my culture. They are being bigots by expecting me to not be a bigot.