Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 24567810 ... LastLast

Thread: Cuphead (PC, One, SMS)

1. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig View Post
    The soundtrack's all original, but it's definitely channeling the period music well. King Dice is probably a nod to Calloway, looks-wise.

Another cool nod is the boss Grim Matchstick, a reference to one of the era's most prolific artists, Grim Natwick. He stutters like Natwick did, too.

I can't believe they actually did rotograph backgrounds for some of the stages. So cool.
    Yeah, the real love and in-depth knowledge of these old cartoons really comes through.

2. I'm not very into platformers, but I do want both Sonic Mania and Cuphead. If I buy only one at full price, which should it be?

3. Quote Originally Posted by koda View Post
    I'm not very into platformers, but I do want both Sonic Mania and Cuphead. If I buy only one at full price, which should it be?
    I'm not sure how much of a platformer Cuphead is. It's 80% boss battles.

Sonic Mania is the better game of the two, but they're pretty different. Cuphead gets a big boost from its style, while Sonic is perfection in controls and physics with some really good level design.

4. Decided not to wait any longer and grabbed this. Super happy with the decision so far! Everything feels spot on and looks wonderful. That first world/hour went by fast and I'm excited to revisit the levels for better grades.

Will this run on any decent PC or does it require something beefy?

6. Any decent setup should do the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by koda View Post
    I'm not very into platformers, but I do want both Sonic Mania and Cuphead. If I buy only one at full price, which should it be?
    Mania is benefited by about 10 years of other people's work. Its also less hard, so you'll make more progress. faster.

8. I like this game

Anyone catch the mario reference in the carnival music?

10. No.