Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 919212223

Thread: Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (PS4)

1. They really did get stupid with the supernatural shit in the original trilogy which kind of ruined the end of each of those games. Those sections were just never any fun to play.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

2. Finished it! What a great summer action movie! I've alwayes enjoyed the stories and characters in this series and 4 is the best of the series. This really is a good game but I do not see how it got such crazy high reviews. The gameplay has not changed one bit! Tomb raider is far better!

Where are Chunk and Sloth?
    Last edited by SamuraiMoogle; 27 May 2016 at 06:28 PM.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

This is probably the best in the series. If I had to pick one to show someone who had never played it would be this one. All the characters are homicidal maniacs though so the tone is a bit weird but on par with summer blockbusters.

I liked the combat here the most compared to the rest of the series but still didn't really like it. The AI is really predictable, but I'm happy that there is often no punish for blowing stealth early as you can re-enter quickly. I like tall grass. I don't like that sometimes a headshot isn't a one-shot kill against helmetless enemies but the enemies aren't too bullet spongy. The villains all sucked though.

Kudos to so many Shoreline peeps wearing pirate bandanas.
    I also really liked having to kick enemies off sometimes when pulling them off a ledge. The melee combat was a lot of fun in general. Not too batman but batman enough. Very well animated.

The pacing was really dialed in here. No puzzle/explore/fight section was too long but the cycle was really regular and also really predictable.

I don't like to get slowed up on these types games too much as I am playing for an audience so I appreciated the excellent lighting, graphical, and dialogue cues to keep things moving without feeling very forced. If you are stuck for a long time they give hints still, I don't think that was necessary though. Often your partner will point something out and that is a much more organic feeling, less gamey way to achieve the same end. This game does it well like 90% of the time.

Opaque mentioned the non-cutscene dialogue, and it really does flow in a way that trumps the rest of the series. It's really good and helped everything feel natural. The content is kind of lacking, the whole story is pretty average and often campy and self referential, but not too bad. It's on par with a lot of tv and better than most.

You also load up on death pretty much exactly where you were, which only got awkward once or twice with enemy locations. That's nice.

I wish there were some more mechanics. You're still kicking crates and two man lifting debris all the way to the end. The exploration got kind of boring because of that. The piton is used like eight times and is barely necessary except for a sequence near the end.

This game could have been cooler with a more open world aspect to it. The volcano/islands at the end were pretty massive environments. It would have been neat to have maybe one area be a set of challenges you can tackle in any order in an open environment, but stuff like assasin's creed already does that.

The other problem, compared to a series like Zelda, is that you aren't finding anything meaningful to gameplay by exploring.

None of that is necessary here really, it's not the focus of the uncharted games, but I think it'd make the series more fun.