Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 111314151617 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: Battlefront (2015; PC, PS4, One)

1. I played the Beta on PC and all the reviews I've been reading on the final version have confirmed my impressions. It's a gorgeous-looking game with awesome sound, but has no real substance or staying power. I played Titanfall for a month and haven't played it since. In fact, I deleted it off my HD. I was really hoping this game would have a true single-player campaign, but they went the Titanfall route and for that reason I won't buy this game until it's practically free. Hopefully there will be a sequel that has a single-player campaign. I like multiplayer games, but they had an opportunity to knock this game out of the park given the access they had to Star Wars IP. Instead, they essentially shat the bed. So much unrealized potential.
    "To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often." -- Winston Churchill

2. Three major problems I have so far with this game are the terrible melee, the actual finding other people in the maps, and the wide open areas.

The melee feels floaty, completely stops the character from moving immediately, has no impact, and I'm not even sure there's a sound effect when it connects. After the meaty hits in Destiny and Halo it makes the game feel like it's lacking a major element, especially considering the awkward way they handle weapon loadouts.

For some reason I'm also having a super hard time seeing enemy players in this game compared to Destiny and Halo. My radar shows me someone is in a direction but they never seem to actually be there, and I can't tell if it has too much range or what. I usually don't see people at all until they're already shooting at me which usually is happening from all the way across the map, and the super short TTK and no escape options means I'm generally dead if I'm getting hit at all.

I'm also not really a fan of the wide open areas, especially on Hoth. The tunnels and hanger bays are great places to peek around and bounce grenades, but outside it's just people shooting from five miles off to try and hit a single pixel in the distance. It's kind of true to the movie, sure, but it's not a fun area to actually play in. Maybe if there were deeper and more trenches to run along and jump between it wouldn't be so bad. Tatooine is probably the best layout and Endor is pretty good too, but considering how few maps overall there are each one needs to be well done.

I'm definitely enjoying it, but something needs to be done about the maps and radar for me to really put this in rotation for anything besides the theme.

Holy shit @ the Toddyhancer mod

4. Quote Originally Posted by Type Ryan View Post
    I played the Beta on PC and all the reviews I've been reading on the final version have confirmed my impressions. It's a gorgeous-looking game with awesome sound, but has no real substance or staying power. I played Titanfall for a month and haven't played it since. In fact, I deleted it off my HD. I was really hoping this game would have a true single-player campaign, but they went the Titanfall route and for that reason I won't buy this game until it's practically free. Hopefully there will be a sequel that has a single-player campaign. I like multiplayer games, but they had an opportunity to knock this game out of the park given the access they had to Star Wars IP. Instead, they essentially shat the bed. So much unrealized potential.
    There is a single player campaign. I don't know if it's all that great though.

5. No one cares about it. The single player matters as much as it did for Quake III.

6. I figure it's just as bad as it was in the original, just killing enemies and running from checkpoint to checkpoint.
    Last edited by gamevet; 24 Nov 2015 at 11:53 AM.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Holy shit @ the Toddyhancer mod
    Good lord. Maybe in 20yrs consoles will do that
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

8. That's pretty crazy looking. Sorta looks like a photo slightly-burned with a sharpness filter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

9. It looks great in stills but supposedly drops the frame rate 30-40 frames.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

10. I imagine. Looks like a stupid amount of post processing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!