Page 7 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3567891121 ... LastLast

Thread: The Legend of Zelda : Breath of the Wild (Wii U / Switch)

I was surprised by the overworld layout and map system. That's pretty new to Zelda.

I think they're going for a Zelda 1 in 3D vibe and it could be amazing.

They're not going to show you every single way to traverse the environment in a tiny preview months before the game is done. I doubt they'll fuck this up.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

2. They fucked up Skyward, I'm not getting my hopes up yet.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

3. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    That video makes me continue to think Nintendo just doesn't get the concept of open world games.

Giant world where it takes 10 min to get to where you're going and all you do is hold down the a button on epona until you get there, that's fun right?
    Not sure why I'm even replying to this, but I don't think there's really anything you can say about this video since it's barely a glimpse of what direction they're going in. The point was just to demonstrate that the map was big, obv.

HOWEVER, I also really hope they are filling that world with stuff to do. In an ideal world: intuitive, fun, non-combat stuff. Like an epic Animal Crossing-cum-nature sim with a little mystery, ALMOST all the tranquility you want and Majora's Mask-style interesting NPC sidequests galore in addition to the interconnected clues that lead to the gigantic dungeon areas of the main quest. They did say you could pick apples, which is sort of AWESOME. And it seemed like it would be fun to fire arrows into trees while riding around. If they built in even a tiny reward system into that kind of intuitive play that'd be sweet.

I'm excited especially because Wii U/3DS era Nintendo has been all about the details so this seems like a ripe opportunity as long as it isn't rushed...

4. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    Zelda has had warp points since 1987. Relax.
    this.
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

5. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    I was surprised by the overworld layout and map system. That's pretty new to Zelda.

I think they're going for a Zelda 1 in 3D vibe and it could be amazing.

They're not going to show you every single way to traverse the environment in a tiny preview months before the game is done. I doubt they'll fuck this up.
    Pretty much this. Plus, I think there are some things from Skyward Sword that, if brought to this, would be really interesting. In that, you could upgrade items, were limited in what you could take around with pouches, had durability on shields (and made each shield have different strengths/weaknesses). Having that kind of stuff in a 3D Zelda 1 would be pretty great. Could make the game feel a little more like surviving a wilderness or actually adventuring again. From the vid, it looks like different shields could be a possibility. And with the sailcloth, it's possible they make items more usable in general than as gadgets for puzzle solving.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

6. The Legend of Zelda for Wii U no longer targeted for 2015:

and the game won't be shown at E3:

Nintendo of America @NintendoAmerica
    Mr. Aonuma & team will be hard at work on #Zelda and have decided not to show it @ E3. Thanks for your patience! https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/...AAADVHjTtchGZw

7. This disappoints me greatly.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

This isn't surprising in the least. I knew there was no way 2015 was getting Xenoblade, Starfox and Zelda. They need to save something for later. I wonder if Zelda will get cross-genned like Twilight did.

9. Well of course it's delayed. Rebalancing the whole game around the microtransaction-driven companion smartphone app is gonna take some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

10. Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater View Post
    This isn't surprising in the least.
    Yup. People set themselves up for disappointment. Also, let them take time, people will wait.