Page 53 of 96 FirstFirst ... 394951525354555767 ... LastLast

Thread: The Legend of Zelda : Breath of the Wild (Wii U / Switch)

1. aka Pedo Gothdoll Bullethell Zelda

OH, Nioh, not NieR. I have no idea what NioH even is.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 12 Mar 2017 at 03:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

2. Quote Originally Posted by FuryFox View Post
    Nioh is actually really good. The stuff people laud Zelda for is the same open-world stuff everyone gets sick of in a week, or instantly if you already disparage the sort of non-design of open world games.
    There's a lot of design in Zelda though

3. Quote Originally Posted by FuryFox View Post
    The stuff people laud Zelda for is the same open-world stuff everyone gets sick of in a week, or instantly if you already disparage the sort of non-design of open world games.
    I don't know if you've played it or not, but this thing it doing the opposite of what most open world games do to be disparaging to folks like me.

Rather than make a huge world that's largely empty padding for checkmarks off a to-do list, this thing is crammed with intentionally designed things...leading to things...and so on. Largely for no other purpose than to be found, and give the player fun moments to discover.

I guess the cold, calculated way to look at is 'well, there are X dungeons, Y shrines, and Z korok seeds, so what's the big deal? Just Cause has like, a bunch more mcguffin types to hunt down.' Yet to me that's hardly the point here. It's that the desire to explore is deliberately rewarded with moments. Most open world games, aimlessly wandering rarely feels this adventurous or exciting. Or like the payoff was intentionally put there because the developer was hoping you'd go off the beaten path.

Another way I guess I could put it: you know the dumb easter eggs Rockstar puts in GTA for people crazy enough to explore the hardest to reach places? Breath of the Wild puts those literally everywhere, and the payoff is more than just a nod to the player on a job well done. There are camps to fight, items to find, little puzzles, or maybe an NPC to talk to.

Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    There's a lot of design in Zelda though
    TL;DR - what Finch said
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

4. If you go to Goron city, bring money.
    Boo, Hiss.

5. How much?

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

6. 3500-ish.
    Boo, Hiss.

7. Sold an open toon link for $60, this is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    aka Pedo Gothdoll Bullethell Zelda

OH, Nioh, not NieR. I have no idea what NioH even is.
    I'm worried about you if you think little girls have hips like that.

9. Is there still stuff you can do after 'finishing' the game? Can you just keep exploring and fighting enemies and stuff, or is it like Just Cause, where once you've done everything, it's just a sandbox world full of people who love Rico?

10. Johnny_Rico_SST_3.jpg

What's not to like?