Page 95 of 96 FirstFirst ... 819193949596 LastLast

Thread: The Legend of Zelda : Breath of the Wild (Wii U / Switch)

1. I've never had more than a couple of ancient arrows that one time. They seem like a waste of money considering all the gear upgrades I could be getting.

2. Once you get all the ancient gear upgraded, they become more worth it. Since they're really the only thing worth spending materials on at that shop.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

3. I finished the story the other day.. I liked the castle while Ganon kind of felt like going through the motions. It was neat enough, but something a bit more unconventional would've been cool. Anyway, I will definitely be going back to find more stuff/do dlc, which I normally don't have much interest in.

Feel like I've been slow to realize a lot of things... I had no idea you could pick up and toss the rock dudes until the other day.. also is it just me, or do octorocks drop fish when you blow them up..? Because that's what they eat..?

4. Yeah, and their air bladders or whatever they are make things float when you drop them.
    I always pick up lizards and bugs and bomb rocks so I'm rarely low on rupees for long, plus blowing up a guardian drops enough guardian parts to make it worthwhile to arrow them.
    Also I don't know if I'll ever finish this game. I don't care about damn Gannon, he can live in that castle forever and Zelda, the girl one not the boy Zelda who's the main character, is so rude, she can stay there too. Salsashark, I think it was you that said it should be like Animal Crossing and this game is basically that for me. I care about fighting as much as I care about playing mini games in ACNL. I just want to find fruit and bugs and talk to weirdos and take pictures, which should definitely be in the next animal crossing.
    Donk

Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    I just want to find fruit and bugs and talk to weirdos and take pictures
    This would be my life if I didn't have to go to work

6. Finch, I agree! After letting this game percolate in my head a bit, I gotta say the ideal would have been if they had scrapped the divine beasts and put that development time and money into fleshing out the world even more, making deep but less obvious narrative threads (I didn't play it, but from what I've heard that's kinda what the witcher 3 is like?). I know this kind of game has expectations on it to be as epic as possible, and for a company like Nintendo they went pretty far, but I think it's the best when it feels like an NES game and at its most boring when it feels like any previous 3D Zelda game. If they did the Majora's Mask equivalent of a more out-there gaiden version using basically the same assets that would be really cool...! The four heros stuff was kind of the least compelling part for me, so it's hard to be too excited about the next DLC at this point.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Salsashark View Post
    at its most boring when it feels like any previous 3D Zelda game.
    I'd chalk this up more to the dungeons being garbo and the shrines being 120 repetitive clones of one another.

8. I didn't mind the bite sized shrines. It's just parts of the game were like "this is how I imagined being in Zelda world feeling as a kid" and other parts were "yep, this is more of that tried and true Zelda." And the latter, while not bad, did feel like it was in there more by obligation than anything else.

9. I'm fine with the way Nintendo structured the game. The dungeons may not be as elaborate as past games (I only beat the Zora one so far) but it's also not the meat of the game the way it was in prior games. The shrines work to spread out the puzzly stuff and break up the exploration.

10. Yeah exactly, it's not the meat of the game and clearly not where most of the inspiration was. Not saying they were bad or anything, but even though they were technically the most breathtaking set pieces they were the least interesting part. I get why they structured the game that way, because that's what's expected of a Zelda video game... But I think the first few hours you're off the beginning area are by far the most impressive, so in hindsight I wish they had kept designed the game to sustain that. The world is fun to explore even 80 hours in, but being able to warp to practically every single pixel of the map kind of kills its mystery. Of course that's going to happen eventually, I guess..