Page 89 of 96 FirstFirst ... 7585878889909193 ... LastLast

Thread: The Legend of Zelda : Breath of the Wild (Wii U / Switch)

1. Did anybody else have trouble with the memory quests on this game? I thought they were such bullshit, and actually kind of broken. I'm not sure if they designed these quests to be frustrating on purpose, or if the game has a really terrible pop up/draw distance issue. I swear, I could walk right passed the place where the memories were located several times, and not find it because I wasn't within the right distance for the glowing spots to pop up. I mean, they're literally not there, and then if you take one more step it pops up. For a game with this gargantuan size of a world, it's really inexcusable to make you miss something because of pop-up.

2. heh, I almost wish I would get the blood moon as often as some of the commentors said they did. I was never able to complete a certain shrine quest because by the time I warped to the area the blood moon would be over and I grew tired of hanging around there waiting for one to appear.

edit: Yeah, you had to be right on top of the memory for it to appear. Kinda dumb.

3. I found like four of the picture memories on my own, and then I heard you had to find all of them to get a better ending. So, I just gave up and used a strategy guide to find all the memory locations. I usually don't use strategy guides, and I didn't use it for anything else in this damn game, but the memory quests were so broken that I just didn't want to waste my time wandering around and hoping they magically pop into view. The most irritating thing to me about this, is that the majority of the actual story is revealed through these memory quests. Why do they lock these cutscenes behind such an arbitrary and broken side quest? These really should have been highlighted on the map, in the same way the important points in the dungeons were highlighted.

The game does tell you where they are if you are talking to NPCs.

5. Yeah.. I think maybe you somehow missed that chain. The memories were fine, and a couple times I even hit the shiny spot before getting to turn my camera at the right angle. Finding the spots was rewarding IMO. Not broken at all.

SSJN, the blood moon problem I think is linked to playing on the Switch for a lot of continuous days, only ever using the sleep mode when you stop. If you're worried about it bugging out, close the game and restart it, and you should be fine. Also, if you want to get that one quest done, the blood moons are on a regular schedule, so you can rest until the day of and head to that area early.

I wonder if Nintendo stealth patched the blood moon thing in one of the recent udates. It's a huge bug and I assume they'd want to fix it asap.
    John / JohnNiner / Niner

6. I don't think my problem was so much finding the general area of where the memories were, but it was getting them to actually pop up. I should be able to look in a certain direction, and be able to see the memory from ten feet away. Instead, they never popped up on my screen until I was literally a foot away from it. I played the game mostly in docked mode, so I wonder if it was a performance issue of some sort.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Darmonde View Post
    the blood moons are on a regular schedule, so you can rest until the day of and head to that area early..
    I'm not saying you're wrong, but that's the direct opposite of what I'd read. Moot point now, I beat it and am done with it for a loooonnnngggg time.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm not saying you're wrong, but that's the direct opposite of what I'd read. Moot point now, I beat it and am done with it for a loooonnnngggg time.
    I was completely wrong apparently. Sorry for the misinformation.
    John / JohnNiner / Niner

9. I will second that the memories were a bit of a pain. Specially the ones in more open fields, you really have to be right on top of them to get it to show up. That's one thing I would have liked seen improved upon. That said I'm at 95 hours, I've got 77/78 shrines done, 70 something koroks I think, all the memories, and a lot of my gear is 2 stars or above, with probably half of it up to 4 stars now. I've done 3 of the divine beasts, and I have the sword and shield. I'm kind of loving just doing side quests right now. I know the rewards suck but I've still been enjoying them. I also went on a Lynel and Hinox safari if you will. I've just been trying to find all of them and end their miserable existence. I still think I want to go for getting all my gear upgraded, and all the shrines and side quests. Though there's no fucking way I'm going to find all 900 koroks.

Outside of a multiplayer game like TF2, this has to be the most time I've ever put into a single player game, and I'm not feeling burnt out at all.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

10. I was burnt out by the lack of challenge. I upgraded some of my gear (but then barely used it because I liked the reaction I'd get from npcs when I wore a specific set), but since nothing hurt me too badly I was like, what's the point? Do I need four star equipment when nothing lands a blow?
    The game would have been well served by some different enemies in the endgame, not just different colored damage sponges.
    That said, it's still GoaT.