Page 90 of 96 FirstFirst ... 7686888990919294 ... LastLast

Thread: The Legend of Zelda : Breath of the Wild (Wii U / Switch)

Not getting at least a 2nd full ring of stamina sounds so miserable to me. I can't even imagine playing the game like that.

2. Stamina was the first thing I upgraded. Only went to 2 rings, but I don't know how you'd make it without around that.
    Boo, Hiss.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    The game would have been well served by some different enemies in the endgame, not just different colored damage sponges.
    People complain about weapon degradation because they'd rather just find a weapon they like and keep using it, but the REAL problem with the mechanic is that it forces the vast majority of enemies to be things that can plausibly drop a ready-to-use weapon. If keeping it around is a requirement for the next game, I hope they find a way to mitigate this issue. The easiest way I can imagine is - oh yay, more time in menus - crafting weapons from monster parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

4. Just increase durability to triple what it is now. You still need the enemies, but you can set up a better armory that isn't wasted on low level garbage mobs.
    Boo, Hiss.

5. I rode a grizzly bear around the snowy barrens, just like an early february day at home

goty

6. Full details for DLC pack 1 revealed. Worth the price of admission for the Tingle costume alone. :P

Also, new patch today enables audio language settings, so you'll never have to listen to Princess Valium again.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

7. I'm about 3 weeks into this, and honestly, I'm bored as hell. This shit has some major problems and I don't get the love.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Space Pirate Roberts View Post
    Full details for DLC pack 1 revealed. Worth the price of admission for the Tingle costume alone. :P

Also, new patch today enables audio language settings, so you'll never have to listen to Princess Valium again.
    I'm most interested in the path of the hero. It's awesome that it's currently tracked, and I sort of hope there's a way to share that info somehow. It would be cool to see a list of how people progressed through the game. I was going to ask here, but figured it would be too much work to try and remember and answer with any detail.

They managed to add a good amount of small things it seems, more than I expected. Personal waypoint is a cool idea. I wonder if hard mode requires a new save- it almost seems like it could be a toggle. The new armors are pretty uninteresting to me though, just more fan service to collect and not wear.

Quote Originally Posted by Jed View Post
    I'm about 3 weeks into this, and honestly, I'm bored as hell. This shit has some major problems and I don't get the love.
    You should just beat this and move on I think. If you played 3 weeks and nothing has grabbed you, nothing new will. Anyone playing longer than that probably really enjoys the freedom of exploration, which seems to be a negative for you. There is a lot of space with no action.
    John / JohnNiner / Niner

9. Quote Originally Posted by Darmonde View Post
    You should just beat this and move on I think. If you played 3 weeks and nothing has grabbed you, nothing new will. Anyone playing longer than that probably really enjoys the freedom of exploration, which seems to be a negative for you. There is a lot of space with no action.
    Thats the plan. I've gotten the Elephant and the Camel beaten, I'll rush out the next two and be done with it. There are A LOT of things I really like about the game, but the vast emptiness of it makes open world exploration a snooze fest. Ill spend a couple hours on it every night, and get nothing accomplished because I'm just running through this open world of nothing. Weapon degradation is absolutely infuriating, and I don't even care when I get a badass weapon because it'll be broken after I use it a few times.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Jed View Post
    Thats the plan. I've gotten the Elephant and the Camel beaten, I'll rush out the next two and be done with it. There are A LOT of things I really like about the game, but the vast emptiness of it makes open world exploration a snooze fest. Ill spend a couple hours on it every night, and get nothing accomplished because I'm just running through this open world of nothing. Weapon degradation is absolutely infuriating, and I don't even care when I get a badass weapon because it'll be broken after I use it a few times.
    This seems a bit weird. Usually those 2 hour days of nothing are because you are having fun exploring, not running around a snoozefest of nothing? You must have initially enjoyed the exploration (or gotten sidetracked by it) more than you realize?

If I ever felt like I had gone too long without moving forward, I got on a horse and just rode to the next tower or toward the next waypoint to make progress. Were you trying to find everything in every area before moving on?

You said in your first post you can't see the love for it but then you just said there's a lot you really like about it. Maybe you just burned out on it? I could see maybe you were hoping there would be more reward for the exploration, and it turns out there isn't. In either case, hopefully you enjoy just going through the other ancient beasts and castle so you don't end up hating it completely.
    John / JohnNiner / Niner