Page 24 of 96 FirstFirst ... 102022232425262838 ... LastLast

Thread: The Legend of Zelda : Breath of the Wild (Wii U / Switch)

1. Performance is almost the last major thing to be improved before shipping.

2. Maybe it will be like the 3DS Dynasty Zelda. The New 3DS version running fine while sputtering on the older tech.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    Performance is almost the last major thing to be improved before shipping.
    Looks like they're already doing that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEj57Jd6d3A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=st4bgxiOnL8

These videos just came out today. Nintendo is saying that it's all running on Wii U hardware. I'm inclined to believe it.

Looking Better
    - The lighting looks dramatically improved
    - Effects like dust, snow, etc. seem to be in/better
    - Foliage is full of stuff now. Dead leaves, branches, etc. Makes the ground feel fuller.

Stuff Yoshi Will Still Bitch About
    - Aliasing EVERYWHERE
    - Frame drops
    Last edited by Hero; 20 Oct 2016 at 09:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

4. Between this and the Switch I'm ready for it to be March 2017 now.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

5. This game may be too big to fail localize in time for the system launch.

(If you're wondering why you should believe this, it comes from one of the people responsible for the pre-reveal leaks that turned out accurate.)

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

6. Hopefully it still makes "launch window" and we see it in May or June at the latest.
    Where I play
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

7. Disappointing if true, Breath of the Wild is a big part of the excitement that I have for the launch of the Nintendo Switch. Obviously the most important thing is to get it right, but if it doesn't make launch, they just might hold it - or need that extra time period - until November when they traditionally release their landmark Legend of Zelda titles as their big holiday games.

8. If it's finished being translated and tested by May, I doubt they're going to hold off on releasing it till November. You're talking about them sitting on selling the most expensive they've ever made, for 6 months, because holidays. Not when they have a new system out that they are going to need to drive sales of. It's one thing to hold it for the release of their new console, its another thing to hold it, and ignore 6 months of sales because of holidays.
    Where I play

9. I won't buy the Switch without Zelda, period.

I'm sure a lot of people feel this way and Nintendo knows it.

10. I'll get the Switch without Zelda, but it will sit getting dusty beyond playing around with it the first few days until the game I want it for hits. Unless Nintendo has other surprised in store for launch, of course. Still, it's going to cost the same day 1 or a couple months later, so might as well get it when it hits.