Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rumor: Diddy Kong Racing 2 in Development

1. Rumor: Diddy Kong Racing 2 in Development

I found all of this thing on My Nintendo News, who found it on NeoGAF:

You’ve already heard the rather exciting rumour relating to Retro Studios and Monster Games resurrecting the Diddy Kong Racing franchise, now more information about the title has surfaced online. The sources can’t be verified, but a couple of members of NeoGAF claim they have insider knowledge of the project. You can read their thoughts, here.

“DKR2 to be released in 2016, codeveloped by monster and retro. monster is handling the 3ds version while retro takes care of the wii u.”

“It has a longer development cycle than usual because it will be the first ‘unified’ game (ala Smash Bros) produced by Nintendo of America. it is far and away Nintendo of America’s largest project to date. All NoA hands are on deck, including redmond’s NST”

Tanabe is a key player and is largely responsible for making this all happen
    Amiibo’s were critical in reviving NoJs interest in DKR2. internal forecasts show Amiibo’s will sell like hotcakes and nintendo is going to make amiibos of nearly every franchise they have ever owned. one major objective of the game is to boost the popularity of lesser known franchises in order to push amiibos
    “I’m gonna have to finally come out and be “that guy” in this thread.
    Never thought this would be something I could say, but I have a line of communication with Monster, and while I can’t confirm 100% it’s DKR2, I can confirm, perhaps well outside my comfort level, that they’re working on something for the WiiU that is pretty much talked about by everyone involved as the most exciting thing to be done on WiiU yet, and that they are certain it’s going to blow people away upon reveal. I genuinely wasn’t told details because while I may want to know, I don’t trust myself with that much knowledge, so it’s likely best they didn’t either.”

“More fuel to the fire; Nintendo might have bought Timber in Oct 2012″
    The Smash Bros of Nintendo Kart racers should have just been Mario Kart, really. But, hey. Whatever.

2. The supremacy of Diddy Kong Racing to Mario Kart is an intentional phallicy

3. What does Diddy Kong's simian phallus have to do with anything?

James

4. Believe

It won't be hard to beat the gameplay of MK8 at least. Maybe they can even squeeze in AA too.

I liked the hub world and I liked the boss battles. If it's real I hope they keep that single player adventure element.

I do like the original but the Wii U needs more variety. I feel it already covers kart racing. I would have preferred something else be in development from Retro, Monster, and NST instead.

8. Dumb.

9. They're not making this game.

Because Diddy Kong is fucking stupid.
    Donk

10. How many cart racers inferior to the PC version of Sonic does one console need?