Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Abyss Odyssey (PC, PS3, 360)

Abyss Odyssey (PC, PS3, 360)

2014 2D games that look like 2014 2D games and haven't been infected with UPlay are far too rare.

2. Looks clumsy and stiff, but I'll give it a shot.

3. It has a neat unorthodox style, hopefully it'll be fun.

4. This is up for pre-order on Steam at 33% off and here's a guide one of the developers put together to go over a lot of the mechanics. I didn't realize these were the Zeno Clash guys and that ups my interest a bit.

5. The game description had me up until procedurally generated levels.

Pass.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

6. Looks fun in a dragons crown kinda way. I may get the 360 version this week.

7. Controls can be stiff as hell, and turning around a chore, but I'm still enjoying Abyss Odyssey a lot. Plotting a course down the dungeon to pass through various challenges and bosses, finding rare events, and even exploring the normal parts has yet to get old. I just unlocked the third character, naked spear-woman, tonight and am getting to grips with her abilities, but I think my favorite is the undead monk. A bit slow, but his two-handed sword is deadly.

James

8. I decided to buy it to support those dudes at ACE. I dug the Zeno games and Rock of Ages is neat. The main 3 guys at ACE said they want as much feedback as possible as they plan on tweaking whatever needs to be worked on (including turning around and stuff). Hopefully the game does well for them.

9. I keep reading this as Albert Odyssey and get sad when it isn't.

10. Initially me too, then I played Abyss Odyssey and it's a better game. Once you strip away nostalgia's warm & fuzzy glow, I mean.

James