Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 57891011 LastLast

Thread: Kirby and the Rainbow Curse (Wii U), spiritual successor to Kirby: Canvas Curse

1. I hate Jeff.

2. Giant Bomb is horrible.

Like, the worst site.

3. Its my personal believe that most of the giant bomb people are terrible, everyone should avoid that site.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    We just got an amazing mainline Kirby game on the 3DS. We don't need one every year.

Just started playing this, it's adorable and fun. I watched the GB QL and the guy was pretty shit at it and seem to be down on the game for absolutely no reason. Jeff liked everything he saw. He sounded a little confused by the negativity and just let it go.

If you like Canvas Curse, cute things, and can draw lines AND your heart isn't a shrivelled-up black turd, I'm sure you'll like this game.
    Part of the reason I was so confused by the QL too - Dan seems to be their go-to Nintendo guy since he started there, and he wasn't digging this one bit.

I do like cute things, missed out on Canvas Curse, can draw, and my heart's pretty saccharine so...well...it's $40 new, right...?
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

5. This game kinda sucks. Goddammit.

I popped in Canvas Curse this morning to see if that one has actually sucked all along, too. I couldn't believe how good it was. There is literally more variety in Canvas's first stage than in the two worlds of Rainbow I played. It's faster, the level design is leaner, and the abilities (I forgot Canvas had those) are a lot of fun. Still one of the best games of all time.
    Last edited by A Robot Bit Me; 21 Feb 2015 at 02:49 PM.

6. People should probably just play Toad Tracker again.

7. Rainbow is slow and floaty and Kirby spends too much time on the ground. It feels like the game came first and the controls second. It's a stylus control scheme jammed into a normal Kirby game where Canvas is a new kind of game designed around a touch control scheme.

One of the reasons it feels like this is because the stylus interacts with things other than Kirby in Canvas where "poke Kirby" is the only way to do anything in Rainbow. In Canvas, you can touch bombs to detonate them, touch enemies to stun them, and poke blocks to break them. To do any of those things in Rainbow, you have to jab at Kirby with the stylus so he slams into them. So you're just constantly molesting the guy while he spins around out of control like an idiot. If I have to dash over 250 times in a level (I counted) then there's something wrong with your design. At least let me dash with the dpad or shoulder button so I can draw while I do it.

Also, nobody wants collect like a thousand fucking stars and five treasures and a diary in every level. Canvas's reward system where there were three hidden treasures and you had to get the rest of the medals by beating a stage quickly or by using as little ink as possible was better. I'd rather be encouraged to play a stage again differently than bash into walls trying to find fake ones hiding treasures.

Also, why does killing an enemy stop Kirby completely? Canvas Curse was about momentum. These guys didn't learn that.

Also, having no map sucks. The top screen in Canvas is great.

Also, breaking the sand or dust or whatever with the stylus (the only thing you do with the stylus aside from molesting Kirby) is a pain in the ass. It depletes your meter and it's boring. There's none of this in Canvas. You wouldn't have time to scribble on ugly dust blotches in that one because you're always in the middle of playing an actual video game.

Also, the stupid vehicles are even more boring GOD with the dumb tank.
    Last edited by A Robot Bit Me; 21 Feb 2015 at 03:59 PM.

8. you're just hating

I hear Giant Bomb is looking for a new employee

9. Yeah, go work for GIANT BOMB AROBIMI, THAT'S WHERE YOU BELONG, GIANT AROBOMBI
    Donk

10. This game broke my heart. Be nice to me.