Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6891011 LastLast

Thread: Kirby and the Rainbow Curse (Wii U), spiritual successor to Kirby: Canvas Curse

1. Donk

Hmmm... despite using her own money to preorder it, my daughter cares so little about this apparently that she hasn't taken the wrapper off or opened the Amiibo yet. ARBM is making me wonder if I should talk to her about returning it, trying to sell it at a profit, and/or this:

Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    People should probably just play Toad Tracker again.

3. I played a few more worlds. It's not bad. I'm just grumpy because I wanted Canvas Curse 2 and this isn't it. This is the Dream Land 3 to Canvas's Kirby's Adventure.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Compass View Post
    I've yet to really enjoy a Kirby game (except maybe Canvas Curse), but I'm buying this on Friday for the claymation graphics.
    Gah, I'm a fool. Paid no attention to this game pre-release, so didn't realize it was all touch screen crap, where you literally should not be looking at your TV, at all -- ever. So the purty claymation leitmotif is wasted as far as I'm concerned.

Played two levels and I'm done.

5. Aw, it's worth playing a little more than that. It has its moments. But, and I may have already mentioned this, it's no Canvas Curse.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Compass View Post
    Gah, I'm a fool. Paid no attention to this game pre-release, so didn't realize it was all touch screen crap, where you literally should not be looking at your TV, at all -- ever. So the purty claymation leitmotif is wasted as far as I'm concerned.

Played two levels and I'm done.
    I usually don't like touch screen only crap either, but this is so well made that it's worth a play through. I'm on World 5 right now, and the level design is just plain sinister in places. This is a Kirby game that actually takes a little bit of skill!

7. The most irritating thing about this game is that, every time I decide to play it, I reach for my 3DS. My brain simply does not want to register this as a Wii U game.

8. I've played enough of this to say that Arobimi's heart must've been cursed a long time ago because i'm reading all of his complaints and saying

WRONG

WRONG

WRONG

WRONG
    Donk

9. I've played though World 2 and I adore this game. Haven't tried Challenge mode yet, but I'm absolutely trying to get all of the treasure chests in each level. Worth it for the collectible figures and music, they are amazing.

10. I erased a post that was kind of mean. It's pretty different than Kirby Canvas while being mostly the same thing, like Kirby 3 to Kirby Adventure, except focusing on a unique visual style, not being a plodding (but forgivably) babby game like Kirby 3

i'm editing it so you can see that i said you should go play Race City games because you won't like Captain Toad
    Last edited by Finch; 04 Mar 2015 at 02:54 AM.
    Donk