Page 33 of 49 FirstFirst ... 192931323334353747 ... LastLast

Thread: Splatoon: The Squid Children and Fatty Cat (Wii U)

1. If ink resistance goes down, that puts a huge hole in my set. The only way I've managed to be a decent contributor is I don't die nearly as much as I should.

2. New ranked battle mode, Tower Control, arriving tomorrow
    Tomorrow, on 7/1 at 7 PM PT, a new Ranked Battle will be added to the game! This new mode is called Tower Control. Hop aboard the tower placed in the middle of the map, and ride it to your opponent’s goal. stay sharp—you’ll have to protect whoever’s riding the tower from enemy attacks!

Once someone jumps onto the tower, it starts moving along a set path toward the other team’s goal. If the tower doesn’t arrive at either goal before time runs out, the team that’s moved it closest toward their opponent’s goal wins. Ride the tower all the way into the other team’s goal though, and you’ll get a decisive knockout victory.

Oh, and if you want a little early look at Tower Control, you can join the intrepid researchers of Nintendo Treehouse as they go on a fact finding mission in Nintendo Treehouse: Live with Splatoon Tower Control this afternoon at 3 PM PT. Tune into twitch.tv/nintendo for your early look at the new Ranked Battle!

3. Well, Splatfest is kind of a matchmaking mess, but the lobby and stages all look and sound nice and Callie and Marie are having a concert!

4. It was weird how every match I had, we'd get steamrolled by cats, but the win ratio was so close that we still won? That's fine by me! Those Sea Snails make tweaking my gear so much cheaper...
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

5. That's because Cats had a higher winning percentage. Dogs got by on popularity, which factors in to who wins the splatfest:

uploadfromtaptalk1436130870886.JPGuploadfromtaptalk1436130878822.JPGuploadfromtaptalk1436130892350.JPG

Noobs.

6. i liked seeing my miiverse post around the hub! i hope they do this every couple or every few weeks

(that's it in the lower right. It was in the stage too!)
    Donk

7. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    That's because Cats had a higher winning percentage. Dogs got by on popularity, which factors in to who wins the splatfest:

uploadfromtaptalk1436130870886.JPGuploadfromtaptalk1436130878822.JPGuploadfromtaptalk1436130892350.JPG

Noobs.
    I know, but the lead was like, 2%, and the overwhelming popularity of dogs more than made up for that.

I do like that win percentage counts for double points though. So in a more even popularity situation, wins would edge it out. Or, if the win percentage is high enough, popularity won't save the other side.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

8. i was just splatooning with you, did you see
    Donk

9. I did see, no thanks to Nintendo and their dumb online matchmaking!

We should plan these things. If we get more people playing, there's a better chance somebody will be on the same team!