Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: Splatoon: The Squid Children and Fatty Cat (Wii U)

1. Yes. If you need irrefutable proof of just how far Nintendo can get its head up its own ass, there you have it. They are THE company that knows how to make games feel good and comfortable, and yet someone there is convinced its worth it to make tilt camera controls because they can. They must know better in their hearts.

Anyway, I'm sure there will be better control options as well and they're just trying to showcase the Wii U 'innovations'.

2. I think the "not knowing who is winning thing" is obviously a design choice to create tension and anticipation for when the score is revealed. Think about how this reveal would go down if you were playing amongst and against friends, it would be pretty awesome.

The guy who was having trouble controlling it looked like a moron.

This game doesn't interest me.
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

3. In the video it looked blatantly obvious that you could look down at the coverage map and get a rough idea of whose winning, or if it's close.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

4. Had no interest before, still don't. I'm glad Nintendo is trying new IP, but this is implemented poorly.

Because what competitive shooters have been missing up to this point is the need to look away from the main screen.

6. Pretty sure I remember E3 impressions that said you were able to switch to dual stick aiming, it just wasn't at all apparent to most players at the time.

7. No, you don't have to use the gyros to aim. If you watch the video, the two people on the right have that turned off. Also I believe the heavy weapons still aren't in the public versions of the game at this point, so gameplay should be more varied than it looks here.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

8. Not going to criticize the effort because Nintendo needs to make something, but I doubt this will have a real MP community.

But all you need is a dedicated one, I guess.

9. :P Even if there haven't been several reports of the option to control other than motion control, every single recent Nintendo game having several ways to control should've been the hint. If you want a cute board that crawls up its own ass with cynicism enough to recommend EA play-to-win shit, go to TNL, i guess.

SEE YOU NEXT TIME I'M BORED ENOUGH TO FORGET HOW BORING TNL IS
    Donk

10. I need(ed at one point, maybe they fixed this) to start NES Remix with the Gamepad and DKCR Wii required you to shake a god damn remote control to roll, so I'm not big on Nintendo's control options.