Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What Should I Be Watching?

1. Orphan Black. It's a sci-fi thriller on BBC America about clones who were raised with no knowledge of what they were, all over the world, then find out about each other when somebody starts bumping them off. This one actress plays seven (maybe more, I'm not quite caught up) really different characters. Plus Berlingoff Rasmussen's in it!

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

2. I've watched both seasons of Orphan Black!
    Good recommendation though.

See why I gotta ask? There's only a lil bit of stuff worth watching, and I've watched it.

Have you seen these?

The Fall
    The Returned (French)
    Broadchurch
    Black Mirror
    Real Humans (Swedish)
    Hunted
    The Good Wife
    Shameless (UK or US)
    The Bridge (Danish/Swedish or US)
    Those who Kill (Danish or US)
    Getting On (UK or US; I haven't seen the UK one yet)
    Hello Ladies
    Workaholics

4. Out of all that, I've only seen Shameless US.
    What would pick as the top 3 (English) shows, or if one of the foreign ones is a real standout, I could live with reading while watching.

Maybe The Fall, Broadchurch, and Hunted for English. Black Mirror only has six episodes and each is a different story so it wouldn't be a big investment like Good Wife. The Returned might be my favourite of the subtitled ones although I get the feeling season 2 won't be as good when it comes out.

6. Broadchurch is a good call
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

7. Hello Ladies was fantastic.

8. What's hilarious is there's an American adaptation of Broadchurch coming in a few months, because we idiot Yanks can't understand British accents. From the trailer it appears to be the exact same story, right down to making the town look as close to the original as possible. Complete with David Tennant trying to sound American.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

9. I have watched a lot of british stuff, and have never had too much of a hard time understanding it. But I couldnt get through the first episode of Shameless. They might as well have been speaking gaelic.

Yeah, I wasn't able to make out every word in it. I liked the British Shameless a bit more in the first season but after that, when they split off into completely different storylines, the American one has been better. There are way too many characters coming and going in the original so it doesn't have the same consistency.

Quote Originally Posted by Space Pirate Roberts
    because we idiot Yanks can't understand British accents.
    It's not just the accent thing. There's also a fear that Americans won't watch something unless it takes place in the US. It's the reason shows like Orphan Black and Flashpoint hide the fact that they take place in Canada enough that most Americans won't pick up on it.
    Last edited by NeoZeedeater; 14 Jun 2014 at 12:06 PM.